News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Piru, CA July 20-21, 2013

Started by gonejohnny, July 23, 2013, 03:03:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Appleseed weekend in Piru, CA: Learn, Share, Shoot, Laugh, Cry, Wonder, Reflect.. annnnd Hydrate!

Shooter, JB was back and able to spend some quality with us this weekend. Although a previous AS'er, he's only ever been able to attend our Sunday portion. His first Saturday really saw the instruction sink in for smaller groups and faster times!. Dry Practice is THE key!

Craig brought out his friends Ken & Joseph, all banging away on their AR's all weekend long! We all very much hope to see them again very soon!

Previous shooter, Scott (from quite a while back) was able to make it this weekend. Determination is as determination does, you've got to love this guy... 2nd QD-AQT of Sunday, he pulls out for a qualifying score of 225! R-I-F-L-E-M-A-N-!-!-! . . .

THEN . . . IMMEDIATELY puts on a brand new, bright and shiny ORANGE HAT and starts coaching on the line. 

All the shooters showed tremendous improvement throughout! These guys were really all that you could ask for and more. Attentive, spirited, humble and eager.

If anyone would like to add anything, especially pictures - please add them below!

Thank you to all the shooters and Instructors - MrB (549), Gratefuldog, Woburn210 and Ventura-Steve AND Scott ("forum_name_TBD") for allowing me the please of spending some time with you guys this weekend. Without a doubt!

'Till next time,
Rock & Roll & Favor Center...
- GoneJohnny

MR B (549)

Good times in Piru!!!! Yet another fine bunch of  shooters showed up and worked hard all weekend long on their skills.  Notable improvements were made as seen by groups shrinking and hits on redcoats a growin'. You guys should all be proud of yourselves for your determination , attention to detail and your tenacity !!!! Especially Ken who sat out for a bit but came back swinging on Sunday.
I congratulate Scott on a fine performance and for also taking a hat and helping out on Sunday!!!
I also would like to thank Gonejohnny ,Grateful Dog , Woburn 210 and Ventura Steve for helping out and helping me get through my first SBIT
I hope to see all if the shooters real soon back on the trail.

B.
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell