News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville July 20-21

Started by HarleyCowgirl, July 21, 2013, 09:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarleyCowgirl

I attended my first Appleseed this weekend in Crawfordsville.  I would like to once again thank ATM, Clean, Kate, and Kate's mom for making the weekend successful.  I looked forward to the stories during breaks and lunch periods.  Not only did I learn fundamentals of marksmanship, but I learned a lot about my own endurance and capabilites, as well as pieces of history I otherwise would not have known.  I came home both nights hot, sweaty, dirty, sore, and tired.  But at the same time energized.  I loved the weekend and look forward to doing it all over this fall.  I made new friends whom I will think of as I reflect back.

Kate you made the weekend extra special for me.  You did a fabulous job!  Thank You!   O0

Brenda
a.k.a. HarleyCowgirl

kate

You are extremely welcome! Without great Americans like you, this program would not exist. This weekend was a challenge, but we overcame it as a team and persisted. You were a joy to work with and I hope our paths cross again soon!  :)

-kate

P.S. My next shoot is Atlanta 8-17-13

P.P.S. Bring all your friends with you next time!!

ATM

HC, it's difficult to explain that "tired yet energized" feeling, but that's exactly how it feels every time I Appleseed.

I just started the official AAR for the event here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=36774.0

Would you please add your thoughts in that thread for others to read and comment on as well? Thanks again, it was great to share the weekend with you!

ATM
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0