News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

TCGC Norman/Goldsby OKlahoma July 20-21 AAR

Started by Scarecrow, July 18, 2013, 03:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

After Action report area for Norman/Goldsby Oklahoma - July 20-21 2013 Appleseed
Attendees post when ready.

n8thegr8

I had a great time today, a million thanks to all who made this happen! I really was impressed with how my shooting improved throughout the day, I only wish I could make it to the 2nd day. I'll definitely be back in October and I'll be sure to bring a friend or two. I really want that Rifleman patch!

This is a great organization, and I look forward to spreading the seeds of liberty and hopefully get involved as an instructor someday. Thanks again!

k_riley

This was a great Appleseed weekend.  HOT, HOT, HOT but not unbearable.  We had the GREAT privalege of promoting another Rifleman!!!  Congratulations Boomer.

Safety was good.  I learned a LOT because it was my first Project Appleseed as an IIT.  I enjoyed it and had a great experience learning from the other Instructors.  Thanks guys.

Kevan Riley

SKSRifleman

We had a great turnout in Norman this past weekend. Over 20 shooters joined us in the sweltering heat of mid July, almost all of which were first timers to Appleseed. It was an honor to work with such a great group of shooters. Only one went home with a Rifleman patch (Congratulations Boomer) but they all stuck it out and greatly progressed from Saturday morning onward. A Rifleman persists!

I got do some verbal instruction for the first time as an IIT and it was my first time explaining IMC which was not easy but I made it. Thanks to Daniel, Will, and Tom for backing me up on all the instructing. It will come easier the more I do it. Thanks to all the other IIT's (Mike and Kevan) for their help as well. Thanks also to Tri City Gun Club for letting us use your facilities. See you all in Norman once again in October.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

TomCat

After a hot day on the range, we tend to think of everyone as family.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

As the temps rose into the upper 90's, and with the direct sunlight, the rifles were getting hot to the touch even being covered.

TomCat

I vote that John would receive the "Perseverance" award. Despite being in pain, he TOUGHED it out the whole weekend!

TomCat

The "Boomer" new what he was about on Sunday.  We look for more Riflemen (and women) to emerge from the Blomgren clan.  Charlie Blomgren is knocking loudly on the door.

TomCat

A busy firing line is a happy firing line.

TomCat

Everyone, especially the instructors, learned a lot over the hot, sweaty weekend.

SKSRifleman

Quote from: TomCat on July 22, 2013, 09:14:44 PM
I vote that John would receive the "Perseverance" award. Despite being in pain, he TOUGHED it out the whole weekend!

That was one tough dude! He got into all positions despite just having surgery and stuck it out to the very end and never complained once. I offered to help him up off the ground a couple times but he told me he can get himself up. Pretty admirable.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

Freeway

Quote from: SKSmarksman on July 22, 2013, 10:28:26 PM
Quote from: TomCat on July 22, 2013, 09:14:44 PM

That was one tough dude! He got into all positions despite just having surgery and stuck it out to the very end and never complained once. I offered to help him up off the ground a couple times but he told me he can get himself up. Pretty admirable.

Thank you both for the compliments!  It was a great weekend, and it was nice to practice shooting again.

By the way, it's David, not John (that's my father's name).  :-)

SKSRifleman

It was great meeting and working with you David. Thanks for spending the weekend with us. :) Hope to see you again on the firing line.