News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN July 13-14 (Gnawbone)

Started by hawkhavn, July 15, 2013, 10:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol hosted another great shoot at their Gnawbone range this weekend!

We had 27 shooters on the line Saturday morning as the sun rose into a humid Indiana sky. The firehose got turned on early and ran all day wrapping things up with an AQT and a Redcoat for dessert.
Sunday dawned another fine day albeit a 'little' warmer but no rain all weekend.

We did have one attendee shoot a Rifleman's score of 218 early Sunday afternoon and Brian picked up the patch real quick.

Sunday also gave us a chance to 'hat' a new IIT, welcome Beautiful Dust to the Indiana cadre!

Pics to follow in a few days as soon as I can get them posted.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

brianheeter

Another fun shoot in Nashville.  We had families, singles, kids and some Dangerous Old Men and Women in attendance.  Now that I stop to think about it we had a lot of families on the line.  A mother and 3 children, four sets of fathers and sons (with a daughter thrown in for good measure), an engaged couple....  And that's just what I can recall off the top of my head.  Awesome!  I love seeing families on the line.

Congrats to our new Rifleman Brian.  And thank you to all who made the effort to show up, listen, learn and apply those marksmanship lessons to their shooting.  Now, it's time to apply the history and heritage lessons to our lives.      ~~:)

See you next time (bring a friend, or a spouse, cousin, coworker, neighbor....)

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

mammynun

I had a great time at the 'Seed! I learned a lot, and was refreshed on some fundamentals that I haven't thought about in quite a while... the "good child, bad child" method to remember which sight to adjust (and how) clicked with me and will save me the price of admission in pistol ammo very quickly!
What was the name of the book that was recommended? I can't recall.
I push back.

brianheeter

mammynun,

It was good to have you on the line.  The book that acts as Project Appleseed's "textbook" is Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett Fischer.  Ed, the Shoot Boss for this shoot, is very well read and can give plenty of other recommendations.  I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on this forum covering that.  There is a "History" subforum but that's under "Instructor Info" so I'm not sure if that will be accessible to everybody.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

mammynun

Thanks! It's downloading to my Kindle!

Glenn Carter
I push back.