News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Springfield, OR, July 13/14, 2013 AAR

Started by Prescott, July 15, 2013, 03:30:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prescott

What a great weekend we had at Emerald Empire Gun Club in Springfield, OR.   The weather was wonderful and so was the group of students that came out for the weekend.

All of instructor was pleased with the positive attitudes of the students and their willingness to learn new marksmanship skills and get reconnected with the heritage of our country.   All of the students showed progress in their marksmanship skills, which as evident in the continual improvement of their AQT scores.

Congratulations to the two new Riflemen, Tony and Brent.  You guys did great in adopting the marksmanship skills you were taught this weekend.  Remember that the definition of a Rifleman is someone that demonstrates continual improvement in their lives.  Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!

Coda, thanks for choosing Project Appleseed for your first shooting event.  I know that we present a lot of information in a weekend and it can be a little overwhelming to a new shooter.  Study the handouts that you were given and practice the steady hold factors (SHF) at home.  A Rifleman is also one that shows persistence in learning new skills, so we expect to see you back at EEGC in September.

Bruce and Doug, it was fun having some competitive brothers in the class this weekend.   You were a pleasure to coach and I hope I have opportunity to see you again at another AS event.   Doug, you should look into purchasing another stock for your marksmanship rifle.   A stock with a high flat comb will help provide a consistent sight alignment and elevate some strain on your neck.   I recommend going to one of the large gun shows and try out some different stocks to find one that fits you well.

Vance, you need to get a new stock or increase the length of pull on your existing stocks so you can the right amount of eye relief for your scope.  I had to add a Limbsaver recoil pad and a 1" block to the end of my stock to get the right eye relief on my rifle.   Once you can get the eye relief issue resolved, you will start getting good sight alignment and your shot groups will show dramatic improvement.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to EEGC this weekend.   You all made this weekend a fun weekend to spend in Springfield, and I am pleased that you all wanted to learn marksmanship skills and learn the real events that happened on April 19th.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln