News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Harvard, MA June 29-30 2013 AAR

Started by Lima Tango, July 15, 2013, 03:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lima Tango

My apologies for this AAR being delayed, I have been treading water in all of my other non-appleseed fronts and today has been the first time I've been able to sit down and do this.

It was a great summer weekend to do some shooting and learn more about our heritage! We had 17 shooters on the line Saturday morning. Many were first time Appleseeders! We had shooters aging from 9 years old to 60 years young! Saturday started off a little slow as we had an issue setting up the target line but we had 2 awesome out of state instructors who showed up out of the blue to get things on track! The first Redcoat was typical, with less than half qualifying at 100 yards and nobody qualifying at 300/400. The day went on and the marksmanship did improve, though the heat was starting to take a toll. However, the staff saw things start to come together with all the first time Appleseeders.

Sunday morning saw 12 shooters. The Sunday AM Redcoat didn't see much improvement from the previous day. However, with some drills and games spread between AQTs the final Redcoat showed marked improvement of the whole group. At the end we had 3 receive Rifleman patches. Some were really close and came up just shy. To those I say remember the story of Timothy Murphy! Try and try again!

Thank you to all the shooters who came and gave it 100% effort! Thank you to all the staff who made this shoot possible!
Come back and bring a friend!