News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Columbia Falls, MT July 13-14, 2013

Started by lumberjack55, July 15, 2013, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lumberjack55

Beautiful weather, enthusiastic shooters, and a dedicated and skilled instructor cadre combined to make a very successful weekend.  The dynamic history presentations really brought the sacrifices of the founding generation closer to home, and I suspect motivated a few more Americans (and a couple of Canadians!) to get off the couch and work harder for the future of their Republic. 

The marksmanship skills throughout the weekend only got better and better as shooters took in the coaching points offered and incorporated it into their shooting.  Given that it was most of the shooters first Appleseed, the improvement and overall level of accomplishment was noteworthy.  In fact we came really close to giving out some patches, as Joel scored a 209 and Jeff a 196.  But keeping in mind what Thomas Paine said "that which we obtain too cheaply we esteem to lightly", I don't mind that these guys are motivated to get better and come back to another shoot and maybe even consider taking an orange hat down the road. 

Many thanks also to Cat, our local blue hat for her help this weekend, and all the instructors who made it such a successful shoot.

Shooters, remember that the best (and cheapest) way to improve your skills between now and your next AQT is DRY PRACTICE!  Take 10 minutes 3-4 times a week and practice getting into your positions, finding and shifting NPOA, and going through the 6 steps to firing a shot.  Practicing the motions of your transition stages and magazine changes will also go a long way to improving your scores.

Thanks to all for such a successful weekend, and hope to see you down the Appleseed trail, remember, Ladyseed Aug 31-Sept 1, and Appleseed Sept 28-29th.

lumberjack55
Jared

lumberjack55

Photos from this weekend, please feel free to add more!

lumberjack55

More photos.

Necee

ToddClark

Group Photo!

ToddClark

More Photos

peterlandsiedel

Thanks for the new pics Todd!

Looking at that group photo, I must say, we are the most attractive bunch of Appleseeder's I've seen yet.

Hezekiah Q

What an awesome weekend! I spent 49 years of my life in NW Montana. It was indeed a treat to return to my home turf and experience American patriotism and improve my marksmanship. This was my second Appleseed and my son's first.  He totally enjoyed it and came one point short of getting his Rifleman badge.  For me... well... practice, practice, practice. Perhaps someday I will attain Rifleman (My excuse is old eyes.. you know -rear sight is blurry, front sight is blurry, and the target is blurry. But Hezekiah Wyman didn't let his age stop him.. so I have hope).  However, with 144 combined years on our 3-man rifle team, we did manage to win the group shoot. GO OLD GUYS!
My compliments to Jared, Peter, and Ivy who all did an excellent job in presenting the history of April 19.  Special thanks to Steve who helped save my elbows by loaning me his pads.  The training was great too. But the friendship and camraderie we developed in that short time was totally cool... especially with those Canadians.  Many thanks to all... here's a couple of my pics...

Hezekiah Q

I agree with Peter.... we're a sharp lookin' bunch...yup

peterlandsiedel

It was truly a pleasure working with you and your son at this shoot. As shooters, you took direction well, were engaged, and we could all tell you were having a blast. Can't ask for better students than that. Thanks for putting up that impromptu pic of us. :)

I hope our paths cross again.

J Langley

This was the best weekend i've had in a very long time. Sense I've been home I have several people very interested in having a shoot in the bitterroot, We have a nice spot picked out and would like to hear from someone to help organize a shoot.    Thanks for the great weekend, looking forward to the next one.         Jeff

Necee

J Langley- PM (private message) me.. We are in the Bitterroot also and maybe we could get this together faster if we put heads together! 

J Langley

thank you!  You can contact me at everyone is hopeing to do it before hunting season.   thanx again

Personal e-mail address removed as requested, PM sent.
Hawkhavn

peterlandsiedel

Thanks for your support for the program Jeff!

Necee, don't forget I'm in Missoula, so I'm close enough that if anything the program needs me (or Kaiser) to do to help set up a shoot in the Bitterroot, please please please contact me. Thanks again!

Necee

Don't you worry Peter...I'm counting on you guys  >:D  We'll see what we can get rolling down here!!  I'll keep you posted 

peterlandsiedel