News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Westchester County, NY July 13 & 14, 2013

Started by VietVet, July 15, 2013, 11:42:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

Once again The Blue Mountain Reservation Sportsman Center located just north of NYC hosted another very successful Appleseed Event. This is a great Range and our first "Thank You" has to go out to them. This is also a County owned and run Range and they make having our events there always a pleasure.
  We're already looking forward to October when we'll return again.
  So again thanks BMRSC.  O0 O0

To our Shooters ......Well done all!  ;D

We had 15 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday. All who hung in there on a weekend that had temperatures and humidity above normal. Couldn't and didn't want to stop them. Patriots each and every one of you. Many asking...When's the next event?
Also their "Request" to hear the History showed how interested and concerned they are about this Nation and the course it's on. Just by their attitudes I know each one now has a bucket in their hands.
Hearing their thoughts and seeing their contagious attitudes insured us the Appleseed Mission is making a difference and there are still many who are willing to save this Ship.

The Patriots are coming, The Patriots are coming.....Huzzah, Huzzah, Huzzah!

Congrats to our newest Rifleman Jack who received his Patch after shooting a 215. Congrats also to our repeat Rifleman Bill who shot a 220 (with a bolt action). He also repeated a few times this weekend.
Way to go guys!

We were also very glad to present both Laura and Eva with their Youth Patches. Another sign the future is bright seeing the youth, our future, stand tall and show their eagerness to learn the History and Heritage that we presented.

Now lets mention Bill again. During the Shoot, after the History he approached me and asked about becoming an Instructor. We had a conversation about it and he agreed to join our ranks.

Everyone PLEASE welcome our newest Orange Hat, BillO0 O0 ^:)^
(Forum name to be decided).

We also had several Shooters knocking on that door. Kathy who has been at the last few events I've also been at will not quit until she gets that Patch. She shot over 200 on at least two AQT's. She'll make it for sure. No doubt.
Looks like another Orange Hat will be along shortly too.

To the Instructors that ran this one THANK YOU.
Josey Wales, Grumpy1, Dude and longrange all I can say is Thank You, but you know it couldn't have been a success without your hard work and dedication.

Now I know I most likely left something out so I'll let the others jump in here and fill in the blanks.

I'll get the photos posted ASAP.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dude

I would like to thank first of all, Viet Vet, for stepping up and helping to run the event. As many of you know, Josie Wales has experienced some very significant health challenges. It is wonderful to see his dedication in Shoot Bossing the event as much as possible, and having Rich step in when needed. If you'seen these two in action, you know they love pulling each other's leg, but it most certainly is all in jest. There is nothing but the finest respect and admiration  between them. They walk the walk.

I will also echo congrats to our shooters, youngsters, new and repeat riflemen, and our latest orange hat [220 with a bolt action!!!] . ALSO several very dedicated shooters are knocking on the door--- NY Appleseeders will be turning out a number of new riflemen AND riflewomen ---- SOON!

Completing the instructing team with Grumpy1 and longrange, is indeed an honor and a pleasure.

And finally, one thing we did have to overcome was the number of shooters on adjacent ranges. It was a VERY noisy day, instruction and line commands were a tough order, but we pulled it off. Only about 20 miles from New York City, there are a LOT of folks that want to shoot!
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

VietVet

As promised here are a few photos.
If anyone else has any please post.
Enjoy.....................

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Shambling Strider

I was there! Both days! 

I want to thank the instructors again for the tremendous job they did.  When you love what you do, it shows. And I could see it plainly in these guys.  Your dedication, skill and patience was just wonderful. 

This was my first time at an Appleseed Event and it definitely met my expectations and then some.  It was just the right mix of shooting instructions and history and civics.  I actually would not have minded a little more history because it was told so well.

The amount of knowledge I gained about shooting a rifle in just two days was just incredible.  Who knew?!

I came close to breaking 200 but oh well, it just gives me an excuse to come back!

Long live the Republic!  ^:)^

~Kathy

YEAH!!!   Yet another awesome Appleseed event.
I would definitely return to this range for more shoots.  What a beautiful area to drive through, water and woods galore.
I have learned so much from many different Appleseed instructors and it is really starting to show!   I had 3 AQTs that were over 200 (a 201 202 and 205) I am SO CLOSE to that 210 they almost had to drag me off the line by the end of the day.  that's OK, I will be back!!!
So as I searched for my next Appleseed to sign up for..... I noticed that the one day Colebrook event, which was sold out a couple weeks ago, now has another dozen tickets available!!  HooRah!!  So I of course signed up for it!!!!  Just 2 weeks away and I am again looking forward to taking it all in and then sending it down range.  Colebrook is a nice range and a one day event should be interesting.  It will be good to see the Ct. crew again too. 
I want to thank ALL the New York team who gave so much of their time and energy to put this event on for all of us.  The skills that you all share with us and your patience help make learning easy and fun.  If I can do this ANYONE CAN.  That is the truth!!!
I shall persist  ~Kathy

Josey Wales

..Shambling Strider welcome aboard and thanks for participating in the Project Appleseed event and for signing on to the forum.  Kathy, oh Kathy you are doing a great job at working hard on becoming a Rifleman / Riflewoman it will all come together real soon.  You will make an excellent Instructor too so go for that Orange Hat.  It would be a pleasure to present it to you!!..
..VietVet is an excellent Shoot Boss and this crew of Instructors Grumpy1, Dude & longrange better known as Gunny has become a close group and works well together, I am proud to be a part of it..

.......Strength & Honor..........Josey Wales...............
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Grumpy1

Another Great Weekend for Appleseed, at the Blue Mountain Sportsmans Center.

Thank You, to Viet Vet, our Shootboss, and Our Instructors Josey Wales, Dude, and longrange, Your dedication to Appleseed and to the students, is apparent and appreciated.  O0

Thank You, to our newest Orange Hat, Bill, thanks for stepping up!

Jack did a Great Job, becoming our newest Rifleman with a 215  O0

Several students were knocking at the door, Kathy and Mike keep up the good work, you will get there!

Thank You to Laura and Eva , Our Young Patriots! Nice work!

It was a Awesome weekend spent with Fellow Patriots

I hope to see you all again, Soon! ;D
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson