News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nashville, IN Appleseed July 13-14, 2013 - Loaners needed

Started by scuzzy, July 11, 2013, 06:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Hi all.

I received an email from a lady who will be attending with her 3 kids. There are 4 of them and they all need a loaner. They are already signed up. Hoping you guys can help.

scuzzy
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

hawkhavn

I think we can cover it, did she say anything about ammo?
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

scuzzy

Quote from: hawkhavn on July 11, 2013, 06:43:14 PM
I think we can cover it, did she say anything about ammo?

Yup - she's totally unprepared. PM'd that info too. Hope she can find some because I know some instructors have reached the point where they are unwilling to use theirs. And I don't blame them whatsoever.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

grunt soldier

If y'all need some ammo for 22 his and hers target sports in Sheridan IN has a few 525 round bulk backs of golden bullet for 27 dollars. Not quite prepanic prices but still not bad. I just hooked a few appleseeders going to Atlanta in a few weeks but I know he has boxes left.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

mammynun

I'll bring some... not a lot but an extra 3-400 hundred rounds (open box, not gonna count them!).

I signed up this morning (finally got off my couch  ;) ), and since I'm basically playing adult hooky I'd be happy to help set up the range today if you need/want help. I'm in New Albany so I'll need an hour or so warning (redacted ph#), otherwise I'll drive up this afternoon or evening and camp out. I'm thinking of "The Last Resort" campground for distance unless it sucks... opinions?
I push back.

bc medicine man

The Last Resort is pretty nice... it's a KOA ... you may want to call ahead as we are at the peak of tourist season.   The State park is nice but you won't have much time to enjoy it.  All the campgrounds listed are nice but the "red barn jamboree" leaves a bit to be desired... it's really the parking lot of a flea market.  Hope this helps... as well, I'll bring my old remington speedmaster tube fed 22.
Your humble and obedient servant in Patriotism,