News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Twin Lake, MI. July 13 & 14, 2013

Started by Graywolf, July 11, 2013, 04:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

What a great event!!  We had fabulous students who were hungry for history and marksmanship.  The range is a new range for us, and I cannot say enough about great Lee and the crew were in hosting us - they event built a back deck/patio for us so that we could get up out of the dirt for lunch.  (Speaking of lunch, a special thank you to Bitely Sam and his crew for making sure we had lunches both day.  The venison sloppy joes on Saturday and the hotdogs on Sunday were great.  You guys rock!)  The range was excellent, and well groomed in spite of still being under development and it was a joy to use.  We did, however, discover that Appleseed instructors are apparently not the best security system to have.   ;)  Cannot wait to go back in October!

Congratulations to Reide and Jim on hanging in there in spite of the heat and scoring rifleman.  Bob and Trystan, I really thought you were going to get there too.  You are not just knocking on the door, you are beating it down. Rob  and Charley were only able to be with for a day, but they will return and I think they will will beat the door down too!

Special thanks to my crew: D.O.M., Bitely Sam, A.R. 15, and Flyboy.  Thanks for hanging in there with the heat and doing such an excellent job.  Well done!  Particularly I enjoyed Bitely Sam's and D.O.M.'s impromptu version of "Paint it Black" they called "Painted Brass."  It did help break the hold of the heat and lighten the moment.  I don't think it will make the charts, however.

All in all, an excellent event.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

D.O.M.

The Range. This is the shortest of 3. They will be planting grass, and it will be like a golf course in here! (by next summer, likely)

Graywolf giving instruction at the target line.

Cooling off while listening to some Hot History!

BitelySam as lineboss calling an AQT. Those brothers you see are really squared away!

The trappings of a Project Appleseed event. Jim is displaying excellent form for the standing position.

Rifleman Reide! Get a load of that smile!  ^:)^

Father and Son on Stage One...

I had no idea I was that scary looking while scrutinizing someone's form!

BitelySam driving the bus through the Sunday "AQT Grind". Man was it hot...

Prep period for prone

On the 100yd line

Jim's 10/22 sending lead downrange!

Congratulations Jim. Nice work.  ^:)^

Making adjustments based on data from the 1st COF on the 100yd range. These guys know their IMC!

I can hardly see those targets!

The Instructor crew for Twin Lake. Dirty, Tired, and most of all, Satisfied!

We'll be back in October!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

Still. Recovering. Still...

What a scorcher! Our shooters hung in there despite the heat. They were good about staying hydrated too! A squared away bunch of Americans for certain.

It was a pleasure to work with you all. I hope to see you in the future  :cool2:

I cannot say enough about Grasmeyer Bros, LLC and their wonderful hospitality. I can't wait to get back there!
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

BitelySam

Lee Grasmeyer, thank you for hosting the Appleseed event this past weekend. Great shooting range! Rob and Charlie, thanks for spending your weekend with us, I know how busy you are with work right now.
Rob, Reide, and Tristan, it was good seeing all of you again, I still want
to see you all in orange hats.
Jim, something tells me you have fired a rifle before. Welcome, Jim and
Reide to the Rifleman club! Congratulations!!!
Gray Wolf, D.O.M. and Flyboy, it was great working with you. Hopefully
we will see you again in October.
                              BitelySam