News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Long distance border raid

Started by Boston, July 09, 2013, 02:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boston

Will be driving back to visit family in early Aug. saw there is a shoot planned for the weekend we arrive. Was hoping to possibly get my wife or extended family to attend but due to stat laws, would most likely need loaner rifle.

Would be interested in helping with instruction if help is required.

Anything I need to know about the local laws? My wife and I both have FOID cards for IL and it looks like even MA has an exception for out of state residents to fire on a shooting line. Family back in Mass should have long gun permits but I will verify.

Thanks in advance

voidoid

Boston,

There is indeed an exception for this, but there are also some "exceptions to the exception" (compliance issues).  PM me with a list of your rifles and mags and I'll give you a rundown. 
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington