News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman, IL July 6-7 2013

Started by Steck, July 08, 2013, 12:55:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

What a great shoot in the steamy IL sunshine,
and a heroic road trip by the S IL instructor corps to bail out their northern brethren! 

Lots of progress made by all.

Happy birfday Russ!

Mutti

Amazing Range and very knowledgable Instructor Staff.  What a great cross section of Attendees.  There were so many that improved that I cannot wait to see the outcome at the end of Sunday.

Thank you to the Northern folks for welcoming us with such open arms and our Southern guys for the Logistics / Planning to get us up there.  Makes me look forward to a great rest of the year.

By Dry Firing, passing on our History and continued efforts to keep getting the process down, I look toward to meeting ALL of you again on the trail...

Thank You
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Steck

:pics:

Yeah, I know, I know ...

Will need help with captions for these photos, let's have a caption contest!

Steck

Steck

Mallard knows that black + sunshine = HOT

Note that Tim's ID sticker has been lovingly embellished by the S IL crew

Steck

What's the extra logo that Mike is sporting?

We wubs us some Tim.

Patti rockin' the pink

Mutti

Mike got a Poppy.  He reminded me of my Father with his "Can do attitude" and I wear a Poppy in his memory. Thought I'd pass it on and no one would notice. Guess the SB caught me   :)  .
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Boston

Quote from: Steck on July 08, 2013, 10:26:13 PM

needs a caption

The lefty duo, Alex and Eric holding down the RH side if the line. Before helping Tim out with his AQT...

Steck

needs a caption

Waterman brings out the big hats!

Z even brought his own hydration system (to fend off KD Cat perhaps?)

Steck

Don has an interesting buttstock that he bent ... with his mind

Patti and Lena tearin' it up

It's tough to tell from this angle, but this is actually time-traveller Sam Adams on the line

Our "Sharpie" - shooters chewed up that television!

No safe place in the center of *that* couch...

Steck

Time to play
NAME
THAT
RIFLE

A cool treat for a hot day.

... and another cool treat... what works at 25 works at 100, just as advertised!
(After shooting 5's with an instructor's rifle, he said, Oh Yes, it will be mine.)

Rubicon

Thanks to all the volunteer instructors for another great Appleseed shoot. This has been our 4th Appleseed (our first of 2013), but we still acquired new skills and additional bits of our country's founding history each time. Lena and I shot Rifleman last fall. Dmitriy is still working on his patch. Apparently I have lost some skill or trigger discipline over the winter as I was unable to repeat, but will be back in August for additional training. Lena shot pretty well, but didn't score Rifleman this time -- or so we thought. As I was looking over the groups we all shot and compared them with the Shot Group Analysis handout provided this weekend; I discovered that Lena did indeed shoot Rifleman this weekend. She mis-counted her stage 1 -- thus raising her score from 207 to 211. Attached is a picture of her AQT. Apparently she didn't count all 3 of the 4 pointers that she scored. I just wanted the instructors to know that there input was much appreciated and that it did result in Lena's Rifleman score. Thanks again.

Mike, Lena and Dmitriy

Kelso

We had a great bunch of shooters who braved the miserably hot weather (especially on Sunday) and were a pleasure to teach.  Many are sharpshooters and would shoot the score with persistence; come back and try again!

Many thanks to the SoIL instructors who came to the rescue; it won't be forgotten.

Lena,
From looking at your AQT above, I scored stage 1 as a 45 and agree with the 211 score and requalification; also, you tore up stage 4 with a 98 score!  Good going!
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Steck

For all those who came out to Waterman in July, the August event (this weekend!) promises to be cooler, sign up and bring a friend!