News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BFA youth shoot at Dillon

Started by para45acp, July 04, 2013, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

para45acp

Just wanted to start a thread on this and get a head count for those who are going to help out this year. We have added an additional 50 spots to the event this year, so there will be 100 youth attending this time.

September 13-15 weekend...any questions just ask  :) 
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

EZ3

Why are we going to shoot youths?  Wouldn't it be better to educate them?    >:D

Have a great 4th!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Dougum

Para

I'll shoot you a pm later but I think we are going to swing it again this year. Not Positive but its becoming a tradition so...

Doug
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

para45acp

Funny EZ  ::)

Hope you and your dad can make it again this year Dougum...look forward to seeing you!
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Charles McKinley

I have to check the schedule.  I had a great time last year.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

para45acp

Final planning meeting was Monday, I pick up trophies today, everything seems to be in order. Still have a couple things to take care of beforehand, but all in all we are pretty much good to go. I certainly hope some of you can come out and help again this year. We should have one heck of an event!

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

para45acp

I just want to thank those of you who came out and helped work the youth shoot this year!

Doug, you and your dad were great  O0 and I look forward to having a meeting or two in order to put together a better SOP for the rifle range next year. With the amount of kids we have attending now...it is MORE than necessary.

Lee and Eve, can't thank you enough. Your presence is a comforting reassurance that things will go right no matter what! I still can't get the image of that packed classroom out of my mind...you two are awesome  :bow:

We should have some video again this year, and maybe some pics compiled. Soon as I have it, I'll post it here...again THANK YOU  :)

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

para45acp

Our new guy Mike, who's first volunteer effort was to photograph and document the Youth Shoot this year, did a great job drafting an article about it. Nice recap of the goings on! Couple little details were not quite right, but it went to the website before I saw it. I didn't have to write it again tho  ;D

For those of you who do not visit the BFA home page...here is a link to the article, and some of the photos from the event.

http://buckeyefirearms.org/node/9119

Again, thanks to all of you who helped make this happen!!

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10