News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Started by 36g, July 04, 2013, 10:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

36g

I wanted to wish all a Happy Independence Day! As Appleseeders we have had perhaps a greater exposure to the events that led up to this wonderful celebration.

Likewise, we have learned of the sacrifices made by our forefathers and foremothers that make this celebration possible. We should take time today to thank them in our own way, perhaps a bit of time at the range or in retelling some of their stories and our heritage with our families and particularly our children and grandchildren to continue the tradition.

36g

FreedomV

Illegitimi non carborundum

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Johnnyappleseed

Thank you !
Yes we did read the declaration, out loud.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

George Hacker

I got to do a libertyseed at the 100-year anniversary celebration of the community where I live.  More people in my neighborhood now know that there wouldn't be a July 4 celebration if it weren't for the efforts of a few concerned citizens on April 19, 1775.

Happy Independence Day!  Huzzah!

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."