News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: St. Cloud, MN -- June 29-30, 2013

Started by AFTERMATH, July 01, 2013, 08:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

Well I'm workin' on my write-up right now - Feel free to share your experience in the meantime!

See below.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

FreedomV

Great group of participants!, It was good to meet you.  Here are some pictures that were forwarded to me...To follow
Feedback from one of the families who attended:
Thank you so much for such an amazing experience at Appleseed!  The weekend
far exceeded our expectations!  Of course, we loved the shooting but we
equally enjoyed the training and historical education!  We are so thankful
for the experience and especially for you and all the instructors for your
time and dedication!
I did register on the forum but am not very savvy at posting to forums so
thought I would just send photos directly to you. 
I have also sent articles to both our local Pine River newspaper as well as
the Brainerd newspaper and will be in contact with our local gun club owner
shortly. 
We really appreciate the objective and principles of Appleseed and the hard
work you have dedicated to its purpose. 
If there is anything we may do to help please let us know.  We look forward
to participating in another Appleseed!!

We look forward to seeing you at Another Appleseed Weekend!

Illegitimi non carborundum

Judy222

Here are your pictures from the weekend.

nice looking line

Youth shooters

One on one instruction!

More to come, more than 6 pictures slows the posting.

Judy222 for Freedom V

Judy222

More pictures...

Shooting in the prone position

Observation and coaching from the shoot boss

MPOA practice with laser trainer

All in the family

Looks and sounds like it was a great shoot.

Judy222 for Freedom V

Taylor

As always, it was great to visit my MN friends and make many new ones.

It was even greater to work with so many fine Americans (young and old) and help perpetuate the Spirit of the American Revolution. Never let it fade from your hearts.

Sorry no pictures...too busy.  :-\

Mike/Taylor
Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

AFTERMATH

Well I don't want to rub it in, but anyone who wasn't there missed out big time... 
This weekend was filled with so much epic awesomeness of awesomely epic proportions that I can't possibly come close to describing the awesomely epic, epic awesomeness...  Or perhaps it's just writer's block! :wb:

You decide!  But I'll keep this one short.

This was our first event at the Waite Park Rifle Club and they were excellent hosts!
I'd like to thank them once again for allowing us to come plant the seeds of Liberty in central Minnesota!  They really do have a top-notch operation there - And we tend to run top-notch events.  A perfect match?  Perhaps.

Anyway, Instructors from North, South and East descended upon the very heart of Minnesota with only one thing on their minds!  But don't worry I quickly diverted their attention to Appleseed! ^-^

We made quick progress Saturday morning with set-up and registration - Before long it was time to get started and we didn't waste any time getting started.  There were 26 shooter standing up against countless Redcoats and well the outcome wasn't very pretty.  After vowing not to let them rout again we got to work.

The shooters were very eager to learn and progressed through all of Appleseeds points of instruction with little resistance.  They persevered through the heat and humidity and even my Third Strike.  Excellent bunch of students, sat on the edge of their seats through all of our history presentations.  I figure they either enjoyed it, or were just happy to get a break from the firing line - Either way, seeds were planted! 

By the end of the weekend, one shooter had managed to earn the Rifleman's Patch - Congratulations Brian!
Oh, and those five youths you see in the photo there will make short order of getting their patches as well.

Special thanks to the Instructors who help out with this event you all did a fine job - Even Taylor who sometimes forgets that he's actually from Eastern Minnesota.  ^-^

Thank you to all who attended!  Each and every one of you has the heart of a Rifleman - You've just got to let him out!

As always, I'll see you on the Appleseed Trail!

Alex
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Miller

And my car still isn't back in service.

Curse my luck.
Fearful but resolute.

BuzzG

The O'Dells were one of the many families that participated. They sent an article to their local paper about their experience.

http://pineandlakes.com/echo-sports/2013-07-09/pine-river-family-participates-in-marksmanship-clinic

Buzz