News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Folks near wichita KS who want an appleseed

Started by StevenIvan, June 25, 2013, 01:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StevenIvan

I've a good friend near Wichita KS who wants to know what it would take to set up an Appleseed near him.
He has follow my (admittedly short) journey thus far down the Appleseed trail, and wants to see about getting involved.

Who coordinates KS now adays?

Can you please shoot me a PM?

Thanks
'In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.'

-Mark Twain - 1904

Lomshek

StevenIvan,

KS is in a little bit of flux as the AS program gets rebuilt in the Midwest. There's no official KS coordinator but myself and another Pittsburg shooter johndeereboy24 are coordinating our local stuff as we get things rolling.

I'm working with Fred to have a mega-Appleseed in Pittsburg, KS this fall that we can hopefully gain some new instructors out of.

Hopefully we'll have a date locked down in the next few days or week and be able to advertise. I know that's not as handy as one in the Wichita area but we have a great range with a covered firing line. It's worth the drive!