News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nappanee, IN June 22-23, 2013 After Action Report

Started by AuntieBellum, June 23, 2013, 09:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

25 Americans.  A beautiful range.  Blue skies and a light breeze.  Smiles and rifles and history.  Sound like a good weekend?  It most certainly was.  Bright and early Saturday (and when I say early, I mean early - these Patriots don't mess around!), 25 people gathered to learn.  And learn they did.  They were all fantastic students.  New 'seeders and experienced ones alike, they all came together to improve their marksmanship and relive the events of April 19, 1775.  Some of our previous attendees even did some 7th stepping and brought friends along - thank you!  Many of the group made plans to come back to the event in October, so I know that event will be just as great.

We also have three new Riflemen - Huzzah!  Jeff, Jeff, and Chuck - well done.  Bill and Brant - so close.  Next time out you'll be there.  Lots of 170s, 180s, 190s...good groups on the paper.  Keep it up, everyone.

Thank you to Nappanee Conservation Club.  Your range is beautiful and your hospitality excellent.  I look forward to my next trip there.  If anyone is looking for a home range, it's a steal at $40 a year...you can't beat it.  Check it out.

And remember - if you know of a group who needs the story, let me know.  We'll make it happen.   O0
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Bryant

I was very glad I was able to be a part of this event.  The positive attitudes and spirits in spite of the heat kept energy levels high and smiles glowing.  It was especially nice to see all the couples and family who made the event together. 

Special thanks go out to the representatives from the Nappanee Conservation Club for hosting Appleseed and providing such wonderful facilities to northern Indiana and also to our medical support people for the weekend for helping to keep an eye on everyone and ensuring we stayed hydrated and helping with a few individuals who needed attention.

I really hope to be up here again soon for another Appleseed; this is a fabulous range for Appleseed and such a great turnout! 

Congratulations to our rifleman this weekend and well done to everyone else as well, you made it a very rewarding experience this weekend and I enjoyed being part of this one immensely.  O0
Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------

Bryant

These aren't mine, but were shared by a participant.  Many thanks for taking a moment and snapping some pictures.

Also on INGO as MtnBiker6510
-----------------