News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis Ladyseed June 15/16, 2013

Started by Ratchett, June 18, 2013, 09:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

What a fantastic shoot!! We were blessed with perfect weather, learning attitudes, and open hearts for the love of American heritage!

Constance, Stephanie, Gayle, and Michaela, familiar faces from last years ladyseed, were joined by Ana, Christine, Kathy, Joann, Caroline, Kathrine, Christine (Lefty  ;)  ) and Michelle on Saturday, then Sunday Mary and Angie joined the line. All totaled 13 eager lady shooters came out and mastered the fundamentals of marksmanship!

Saturday morning flew with the instruction from safety briefing to IMC, a lunch break with the first strike then right back into position shooting and rocking the first AQT of the weekend.  Improvement was evident as scores on the AQT were reaching the high 190's. We finished the day with the flames of the Revolution ignited by the 2nd and 3rd strikes of the match.

Sunday dawned with a bit of history of the Great Awakening and the Black Robed Regimen, morning review of everything learned Saturday and then the AQT grind started. Scores improved through out the day many shooters hitting the high 180's-209. On the next to last AQT of the day Joann jumped over the hump and scored a 220, joining the ranks of RifleWomen in the state of Maryland!!

Congratulations Joann!!!! She also tied for winner in the fun shoot with Caroline and they are now both sporting 'Appleseed Shoot Like a Girl if You Can' hats. The fun shoot is really an NPOA drill with 3-- 1 moa raspberries as the final 3 shots. I believe both ladies hit 2 out of 3 raspberries and placed 8/9 shots in each of the remaining targets in the drill. 12 shots in 75 seconds.

Constance scored her personal best of 205, Caroline a 209, and Michaela a 209 if my memory is serving me well. All in all a fantastic weekend with a marvelous group of ladies!

Thank you EagleEye and my partner in crime, Brickhouse, for your awesome instruction this weekend. A huge Thank You to our beloved 'manslaves' BeSwift, John, and Navy Irish, You gentlemen rock and we could not have done it without you!! Thank you Anne Arundel for hosting another successful Appleseed Event.

Pictures will be available as soon as I can figure what I am doing wrong in trying to post them.

God bless you all and God Bless our great nation!!!

In His grip,
ratchett

PS Toni Miller we missed you this year---hopefully we will see you soon!!
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

BeSwift

I gotta echo Ratchet's summation of a great Ladyseed! It was heart-breaking to see 4 shooters SOOOO close to breaking 210.. I suspect we'll see em back on the line soon! Thanks to the students for their perseverance and hard work. Thanks to Ratchett, Brickhouse, and Eagleye for a great job and hauling all the way to MD to assure this Ladyseed was a success!   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

MikeCee

My wife, Christine, was able to attend this event and this is what she posted on her Facebook page about it:

"Participated in the Annapolis Ladyseed event this weekend. It is a 2-day, 14-hour riflery training session with a large dose of American Revolutionary War history, conducted for women by women and sponsored by Project Appleseed. Over the course of the weekend, lessons on WWII marksmanship techniques were taught interspersed with tales of the heroic men AND WOMEN who sacrificed so much for the freedom of future generations. I was amazed at how much I learned. On my final (6th) qualifying test, while shooting left handed with a right-handed rifle, I shot 6 points under Expert Rifleman (204 out of 250 -- my first try came in at 117). One woman out of the 12 of us earned the Expert classification -- she had never fired a rifle prior to this weekend. Project Appleseed offers coed sessions as well as women only. If you are interested in learning to shoot or improving their skill level, I strongly recommend that you check them out."

We are both signed up, along with our fourteen-year-old daughter, for the October meet in Annapolis.
Qualified Rifleman Feb 2014 - Annapolis, MD
Requalified Rifleman July 2014 - Waldorf, MD
Joined Applecore July 2014
Requalified Rifleman May 2017 - Annapolis, MD