News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SACRAMENTO, CA JUNE 15-16, 2013 AAR

Started by NorCal22Gal, June 18, 2013, 04:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Another wonderful Appleseed event at the Sacramento Valley Shooting Center, the weather was a bit warm but otherwise clear and sunny with a light breeze to help cool us off.  11 Americans on Saturday, 6 on Sunday came out to learn the marksmanship skills and history of our country.

We had the safety briefing then started the instruction.  This was a great group who immediately began putting our teaching to work and seeing it work for them!  By lunch time groups on most everyone were beginning to shrink somewhat.

We stopped around noon for lunch.  Eaglescouter started the history off with a pre history to set the stage for the three strikes...Lagboy,  myself and 3Huzzahs told the strikes to a receptive audience....then it was back to work with the echoes of the past following us back to the teaching. 

We were able to get in a few AQT's before the end of the day and had some very close scores...Jen "TEX"; a returning Ladyseed shooter came the closest with a score of 196!!  Way to go TEX! 

We ended the day by awarding some very deserving youth the Young Patriots Patch...our future is in their capable hands.  Thank you to Sam, Maiana, and Vidar, you guys did an awesome job!

I also had the privilege of changing hat colors on a young IIT...Melissa has grown as a person as well as an instructor and I will enjoy watching as she continues to grow.  A Red Hat is a much nicer color on her. 

Sunday was a bit warmer but not much.  6 shooters returned to take on Day 2. A review safety briefing and we were ready to hit the ground running.

The shooters really worked hard on getting everything working and fine tuning what we taught them and it showed on the targets.  We stopped for lunch and shared stories of the Dangerous Old Men and the Determined, Dangerous Dames. 

The afternoon was AQT's and one TV team event!  Dynamic Duo Durke and John won, beating TEX & Brian by one shot!

We closed out the day, and the weekend...no rifleman scores but several of you are knocking on the door sooooooo hard it's about to fall over.   TEX, Durke, Brian...keep practicing.  John, Dave, Tom...Great work to all of you.  Hope to see you and a few friends at the next event.

To my Instructors, once again you made the event wonderful....I truly couldn't do this without you.  Melissa, again congrats! 

See ya all on the Trail.

Laurie
NorCal22Gal

Nero

Quote from: NorCal22Gal on June 18, 2013, 04:12:45 PM
I also had the privilege of changing hat colors on a young IIT...Melissa has grown as a person as well as an instructor and I will enjoy watching as she continues to grow.  A Red Hat is a much nicer color on her. 

All right!   O0  Woot!  Congrats, Melissa!   ^:)^  Well earned!

And send Jen over to the San Jose Ladyseed, it would be awesome to have a rifleman score there!
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Melissa

Shooters and fellow instructors alike... thank you all so much for coming out and letting those sparks of marksmanship and history fly once more! What a fantastic weekend; a great line of participants, a wonderful crew, and beautiful weather for a beautiful mission. :)

To my fellow instructors... thanks again for teaching everything that you have so beautifully well. Because of you and your incredible instruction, I've learned more than I ever thought I could-- and am more than honored to now don the coveted hat of red.  O0

See you all next month!

Melissa

Neve

Another great Appleseed weekend thanks to the attendees, instructors and NorCal22Gal and eaglescouter for making the trip out! Congrats to all the shooters for improving as much as they did and hope to see them out on the firing line very soon. Congrats to our new red hat Melissa! You earned it! Also thanks to Vinnie and his clan for the fantastic pictures! Hope to see you all again very soon! Thanks gain to all who made it out!

Mike

Eljay

Missy

Congratulations Melissa!!!  ^:)^  :~  I think you will be a FABULOUS instructor!!! It's been very cool seeing you move up the ranks.