News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lansing, Mi June 15-16 2013

Started by Caliper, June 18, 2013, 01:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Wow, another excellent Michigan Appleseed shoot in the books!  Sixteen enthusiastic Americans turned out for a great weekend at a wonderful venue!  Thanks for everyone who came and to the Capitol Area Sportsmans League for hosting us (and providing a hot lunch both days, yum!)  The sun got a little warm Sunday afternoon, but that just meant more opportunities to listen to history while grabbing some hydration in the shade!  Altogether great weather for a weekend when the weathermen kept calling for rain and thunder. 

Congratulations to our two new Riflemen: Greg and Andrew!  Excellent job both of you!  From the groups I saw downrange, there are many more Riflemen (and women) in the making!  Keep practice dry-firing and working on NPOA and I know there will be more folks going home with patches!  Keep with it!  A Rifleman persists! 

My thanks to everyone who attended and I hope to see each and every one of you again in the future!  Everyone had a teachable attitude, eager to listen to both marksmanship and history, I really couldn't ask for more! 

D.O.M.

I couldn't agree more, Caliper!
Fabulous weekend, great attitudes among the shooters, nice weather.
I really like to see a whole bunch of young people who can be responsible enough to handle rifles safely. The kids this weekend were just great. It warms my heart to see their smiles as the points of instruction were absorbed and groups shrank. One young lady even recognized the person on the youth patch as William Diamond! They will all make fine citizens!

pics later, when I can remember how to get them off my phone and post 'em! :slap:
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

D.O.M.

The range at Capitol Area Sportsman's League

Squeeeeeeze and Reset (don't forget to breathe!)

Our first rifleman of the weekend!

A great bunch of enthusiastic young Americans!

The winners of the fun shoot! (by one shot, it was close!)

Our thirteen year old rifleman! (I think it was his first Appleseed) He worked really hard for that patch.
Can't we all just agree to disagree in a civil fashion while the planet's last, fading hope of liberty and prosperity gets snuffed out?

No. We can't.

de KD8AQT 73

Grindstone

Great shoot, next time I will take my allergy meds.

Some more pictures!

http://s1116.photobucket.com/user/Qn2m7g4DE/library/Appleseed/20130515_Lansing

jmonarch

Quote from: D.O.M. on June 18, 2013, 10:46:02 AM

Our thirteen year old rifleman! (I think it was his first Appleseed) He worked really hard for that patch.

You are correct, sir.  First time.

mac66

Quote from: jmonarch on June 20, 2013, 09:42:18 AM
Quote from: D.O.M. on June 18, 2013, 10:46:02 AM

You are correct, sir.  First time.

WOW, great job!  I'm can see that dad taught him well before coming to an Appleseed and I also see a future instructor   O0
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Toobeauku

Pics from the weekend
NRA Benefactor Member   NRA Personal Protection Pistol Instructor,  NRA RSO
CMP Master Vintage Rifle Instructor
HIGH POWER... get some... and put your AppleSeed training to work for you.

When do we get to shoot the BIG RIFLE?

The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -- Samuel Adams
The above statement works for Communists too who seek to brainwash the masses, just an FYI....  Are you Bailing?

Toobeauku

More Pics
NRA Benefactor Member   NRA Personal Protection Pistol Instructor,  NRA RSO
CMP Master Vintage Rifle Instructor
HIGH POWER... get some... and put your AppleSeed training to work for you.

When do we get to shoot the BIG RIFLE?

The Price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance
"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -- Samuel Adams
The above statement works for Communists too who seek to brainwash the masses, just an FYI....  Are you Bailing?