News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bonfield, IL AAR - June 15-16 2013

Started by Steck, June 16, 2013, 12:57:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steck

Our ten shooters had tons of fun on a bright summer day! 
Lots of shade on Bonfield's covered firing line, though...

What a fun, patient group!

Shooters, put your comments here...

Steck

Great 2nd day at Bonfield, and we have a new Rifleman!

Congratulations TJ, your 211 was well-earned!   ^:)^   ^:)^   ^:)^

Don't you hate when you figure something out (like, how to post pictures from Flickr but then can't figure it out a second time?)  (Not that that's ever happened to me before...)

Steck

:pics:

Well, thanks to Mutti's patient help (remember Wurstmacher mentioned her as the Appleseed State Coordinator for Southern Illinois)  we now have

PHOTOS

for you.

John & Jim, the Bolt Action Brothers, carding the sights ...

Kelso walks us through IMC ...

Wurstmacher helps Karin with a sling.

Steck

Darrell works with Dave carding the sights

FYI, only one of these shooters has a mag-fed semi... that would be Dan.

Clay, TJ, and Don shot the snot out of that star!

See? 
An instructor with good eyesight saw Clay, TJ, and Don cut the center out.
Folks, that's NPOA.

Steck

What's more fun that a weekend on the firing line?
Nothing, that's what..

Aaron rockin' the tuber!

Steck

Everyone has a personal style for seated that works for 'em

Steck

TJ refined his technique through each AQT, climbing to a 211 and earning his Rifleman's patch.  Huzzah!

...   this is a subliminal message to encourage you to bring even more friends next time   ...   this is a subliminal message to encourage you to bring even more friends next time   ...   this is a subliminal message for you to bring even more friends next time   ...   drink more Ovaltine   

2 clicks low

I haven't had Ovaltien in decades, why am I craving it now?   #)  #)
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

RiflesnReins

It looks like you all had a good shoot up there in Bonfield. Congratulations TJ on making Riflemen.

Steck: Awesome photos and lots of them!

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Kelso

As usual we had a great group of participants with teachable attitudes at Bonfield.  Congrats to TJ who shot the score!  There were also a couple of sharpshooters who, with a little more practice and persistence, could also make rifleman.  Come!back in September and October and try again! 
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Jackal

Can't wait to hit the next Appleseed and improve beyond 211. 250 is my goal now.
Embrace the suck.