News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Afton, Ok. June 8-9 2013 AAR

Started by TomCat, June 11, 2013, 09:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomCat

All photos and comments welcome.
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Never a better looking group of shooters and instructors. One shooter was brought 6 hrs from Ft With by his grandparents!

TomCat

A bright, sunshiny day with little wind on  Sunday.

TomCat

All shooters received instructions well.

TomCat

Under the ever-watchful eyes of the instructors, the shooters did a good job of following the safety rules.

drtrpick

Great learning experience with some pros. I've got a lot of practice to do before my next attempt. Thanks guys.

henschman

Thanks to everyone for coming out, instructors, shooters, and mag prepping pit crew alike.  Every shooter made marked improvement... I'm sure that at least a few of you would have made Expert if we'd had just a little more time with you.  I hope to see all of you again soon on the firing line... maybe at Norman in June!

Here is a pic of our Sunday group:
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

SKSRifleman

It was a great weekend with about 13 shooters on Saturday. This group of shooters caught on pretty quickly the fire hose of information that we imparted to them in a short amount of time. There was one individual in particular that I remember had an old tube-fed .22 rifle without a sling and was shooting some pretty decent groups by the middle of the day. An instructor loaned that individual and LTR with a sling and he shot Sharpshooter on his first AQT. The weather was nice a warm both days with a small shower Sunday morning.

Only about half the shooters stayed for Sunday and we quickly got down to business with AQT's and more instruction. There was one young man that stayed for the duration of the class shooting AQT's. We were coaching him and watching him carefully as he appeared to do everything right but his target was saying something different. We found out later that the mount for his scope was loose so his Grandfather switched out rifles and he ended up making Sharpshooter by the conclusion of the day. Unfortunately no one patched out during this shoot but a few came close.

Just for fun, I decided to bring out my M-14 and shoot the Rapid Fire AQT. I smoked it with a score of 219 in 3 min 33 seconds. In the process I also smoked one of Excaliber's pistol frames with a .308 bullet  :wb: (sorry Mike won't happen again I promise).

Anyways, it was a great shoot overall and hope to see some of you next month in Norman.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

andychicken

That's a much smaller student/instructor ratio than at the USSA, wish I could've been there!  I'm glad the weather worked out so well the whole weekend.

I had to miss this shoot because I was already obligated to do tornado relief volunteer work in Shawnee that weekend.  Moore has gotten all the attention from the biggest round of tornados but the Shawnee/Mcloud area needs the same amount of help because many neighborhoods were severely devastated.  Those of you who live in that area probably know what I'm talking about.  It's a shame they're getting only about half the volunteers compared to Moore, but I digress.

Anyway, hoping I can make it to the next shoot and see you there!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
~George Washington