News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mariposa CA. June 8-9 It was HOT!

Started by KP, June 10, 2013, 12:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KP

Yes, 105 is hot in my book, and I like the heat.  A couple of shooters wilted in the afternoon, but they still progressed well.  One determined young man, Peter, earned his rifleman patch with a 214.  He did it by working on the basics and, especially his NPOA.  That shrunk his groups from Lacrosse ball to big marble.  His brother, Joey, earned a Luther Blanchard patch for his focused determination and hard work.  Way to go, Peter and Joey!

Two older shooters put in the hard work and reaped the rewards.  Wendy came with a brand new 10-22.  The zip tied sling mount was less than ideal, but she persevered and was handling the rifle "like a pro" by Sunday afternoon.  Her husband, Kevin, used a bolt action rifle.  He started with very tight groups, but struggled some with the timed transition stages.  He made it to 160 by Sunday afternoon.  A very commendable achievement.

The history was well received, with the underlying message not lost in the process.  Kevin and Wendy are already fighting very hard to preserve public access to forest lands and wilderness area, especially in Yosemite National Park.   Speaking up does make a difference.

I slowed the pace over the weekend, due to the heat, but we still got a couple of AQT's in on Saturday, and a bunch on Sunday.  Ammo was a concern, but we shared and made it clear through the Redcoats.

KP