News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

North Little Rock, AR Jun 8-9, 2013

Started by dart67eb, June 10, 2013, 12:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dart67eb

Another great clinic at the Direct Action Resource Center http://darc1.com/  in North Little Rock!  This has GOT to be the coolest place that hosts Appleseed, bar none.  Except for a brief shower after lunch on Sunday, you couldn't ask for better weather .  On Saturday, we saw ten shooters, all but one new to Appleseed, ready to drink from the fire hose.  On the first day we learned history from hornet41 (who was there, by the way), and the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship.  Thanks to hornet41, umdaddy, smiler and MR. A-TEAM, the students progressed well and we even shot an AQT.  Sunday brought nine returning students, many benefitting from ibuprophin, to another day of learning.  We saw Barry earn his Rifleman patch and others knock on the door.  After lunch, some of us went to the 800yd range to bang steel from 100-500yds with centerfires while the rest ground that AQT in the quest for the patch.  On Sunday afternoon, were also paid a surprise visit from Melissa, a photographer from the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette who took many photos with a seriously cool camera.  After her not being able to stand it any longer, we gave her a quick block of instruction and let her shoot and AR, a Garand, and an M1A at the steel.  Surprisingly, for someone who has never held a rifle before, she was consistent at 200.  She then went to take pics of the 25m line and was one hit shy of cleaning a redcoat!  I don't think Simple Green could've wiped the smile off her face.  She'll be back.  Bennett and Jimmy were awarded the Luther Blanchard patch for their perseverance and improvement and Shawn, you'll see that patch next time.  Thanks to everyone for coming out.  I hope to see you again (with a friend) next time!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

dart67eb

And oh, yeah.  Pics!  MR. A-TEAM was the official photographer. 

dart67eb

more

dart67eb

more

hornet41

What an incredible Rifleman's Boot Camp hosted by Appleseed.  I brought two adults and two teens to this event.  All have been avid amateur shooters and outdoors people.  We were overly impressed with the professionalism, knowledge and willingness to teach all levels of shooters. 
Eb and Pete did and outstanding job conducting the class.  Eb did great as the Shoot Boss.  Pete will get there one day.
Moe was the most helpful to our group of four.  He displayed a great amount of patience with all of us while reinforcing the skills taught.  Moe's knowledge of the day of 1776 was very informative and was well put together.     
Keith and Jennifer did an outstanding job too.  Just to let you know I thought Jennifer did a tremendous job in her role, and she is a good shot.  The areas that she covered were very thorough, articulate and concise.  Even when she had to yell "MUZZLE, MUZZLE!"  and run over to someone on the line she did it in a very stern but professional manner. 
All the trainers came well prepared.  All the items needed for the Boot Camp and extra.  Moe let us borrow a sling.
I enjoyed the history lessons, and the chance to cool down.  The two teens that came were sopping up the history discussions.  They both asked "Why do they not teach that kind of stuff in school?"

Of course we will be back.  Bennett (my son) worked so hard and got so close to getting his Rifleman's patch he is already planning the next one.  Thank you and all the Appleseed staff for the handwork and dedication to this HUGELY important organization.  Please share this with all the trainers and all levels of the Appleseed Organization as I want them all to know what a wonderful job you guys are doing in Arkansas, "The Natural" State.

Sincerely.

"The Russellville Gang"
Barry Heller
Bennett Heller
Mike Ortner
Grayson Ward