News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cabela's : Hazelwood, MO

Started by Mutti, June 08, 2013, 10:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

Set up: GooseGun and NavNuke

Instructor Staff:

Ready to Go: Nate was invaluable and helped us all day with anything we needed:

Safety Rules and Glasses:

Discussing how to use the Daisy:

Listening to some History while waiting:

Survival Doc with young lady:

Our Girl Scouts:

Sight Alignment:

KD Cat on learning that she'll have to use "Kentucky Windage" because a Daisy doesn't have adjustable sights!

Teaching Cabela's floor boss how to build up his stock and site in:

Toward the end of the day we had the Honor of this Gentleman coming over to thank us for teaching History. Apparently he'd been watching us for a while. I didn't get the exact words because my eyes were leaking a little, but something along the lines of     "It's good to see the Children are learning. Too easy to forget."

Thank you to everyone who made this day incredible. It was great to work with you all.

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

imadentist

You guys are the greatest! I am proud to call you friends and wish I could have been there with you. Mutti, how could you concentrate on AS with all that "MAN PRETTINESS" surrounding you...had to be a challenge! ;D

On another 7th stepping note, I have been handing out flyers and talking AS all weekend while attending an NRA instructors certification class.  There is a ton of talent in this class (military/LEO precision rifleman) All good Americans but I have been nudging them (sometimes not so gently) about getting off the couch!  I met the Williamson county tourism bureau CEO and she is going to post all our events that take place in Williamson county as well as give us contacts for all her counterparts to hopefully do the same.  I also found another good range (Williamson county gun club) and am working on them (couple of members in class) to sponsor a class.  Anyway the jist of the post is never stop 7th stepping....everybody in the class thinks I am an AS groupie or something but I can handle the good natured ribbing if it means we can increase our instructor ranks/range capabilities.  For the Missouri side, I have been talking with a ST. Gen. LEO in the class....hopefully I can get him on board...but like everyone else he is very busy....I am going to do a bunch of nudging today.

RiflesnReins

Well we were pretty busy! 157 kids plus their parents, and we have not even mentioned the repeats! A pretty good turnout. It was hard to be distracted when you have all those people get off the couch and bring their children along.

I had a really good time working with everyone.  Pete! was always willing to help out, Survival Doc had those safety rules down pat, Cody was "The Paperwork Man" filing all of the forms in the official envelop  and duckcreek51 brought the beef jerky. 

Bbagg as always provided the humor, Mutti was the organizer, KD Cat made sure no one dehydrated (imagine that!), GooseGun and  NavNuke had everything set up by the time participants were coming in.

It was good to have Instructors from both sides of the river working together.

I want to shout out a big THANK YOU CABELA's! We all had an awesome experience and we cannot wait to come again.Thank you to all of your staff who stopped by and helped out.

RiflesnReins

"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Pete!

That was a great time!  Thank you to everyone and especially Cabelas!
-Pete

"It is an enormous simplification to speak of the American mind. Every American has his own mind." -Ludwig von Mises (Theory and History)
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein (The Moon is a Harsh Mistress)
"Those who are in love with practice without knowledge are like the sailor who gets into a ship without rudder or compass and who never can be certain [where] he is going. Practice must always be founded on sound theory." -Leonardo da Vinci (#19 Of the Mistakes made By Those Who Practice Without Knowledge)

KD Cat

First thank you Cabelas for having us again. It was wonderful to see you all!
Pete! was very good with the kids, Survival Doc was aways ready to help anyone, Cody got the sign-up sheets up and running, Mutti had the " Attention grabber" history, BBag was the BB gun expert, R'N'R had the " can do attitude" , DuckCreek51 had everything working smoothly and GooseGun and  NavNuke where our engineers/Cheer leading squad! ;) I hope this will become a often used venue.

See you on the trail,

KD Cat     

When a man loves cats, I am his friend without further introduction.
-Mark Twain

Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.
-Mary Kay Ash

duckcreek51

I would like to give a special thank you to Cabela's and their staff.  All of their help was greatly appreciated.  Mutti, great job!  I enjoyed working with Mutti, goosegun, navnuke, survival doc, riflesnreines, pete!, KD Cat, and Bbag.  KD Cat, riflesnreines, and goosegun were all an inspiration to me so I say another great job to Mutti and navnuke.  You are great role models for the youth today.  I will say I was proud of Cody; he did a great job.  I learn something new at every AS event that I attend.  I am looking forward to seeing you all at Sparta shoot.  Riflesnreines I will bring the deer sausage   O0 as long as KD Cat brings the water.  :) 
"As for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."

RiflesnReins

I will make sure KD Cat brings water then. I am excited to see everyone in Sparta. 19 days and counting.

There are still 13 open spots on the line so please try to bring some people along with the sausage! Lets get this shoot sold out people! &) ~~:)

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5094261072#

RiflesnReins
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Mutti

QuoteI will say I was proud of Cody; he did a great job.

I hope I am there the day he takes his Orange Hat. It isn't everyday you come across someone who not only is a natural Instructor, but carries himself so honestly as well.

Thanks for bringing him up.

If anyone is inspired to send a Handwritten note to Cabela's and their outstanding Staff (Jeff, Nate, Michael James, and Jacob) :
Cabela's
Attn: Laura Gray and Staff
5555 St. Louis Mills Blvd.
Ste. #167
Hazelwood, MO 63042

Mutti
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)