News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

~

Started by Rayne, June 07, 2013, 04:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayne

~
~

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

LawDog

The category is for "law enforcement."  I would say yes. 

Sly223

I say just get 'em to the line! O0 ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Nero

If they are a sworn, badged officer, they're in.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Mudcat

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

olefido

I don't know about other states, but here in Illinois, I believe we divide law enforcement into police officers and peace officers. As I was taught at the IDOC academy, police officers have police powers anywhere within their jurisdiction. Peace officers have more restricted police powers. I as a corrections officer am a peace officer. I have full police powers on state property but not anywhere else. Others that would fall into this are like campus police officers at 2 year colleges. An officer of the court with arrest powers sounds like a marshal. Many larger counties have city marshals that are the court bailiffs, jailers, and process servers in addition to a county sheriff's department or county police department. There are many permutations of the term law enforcement officer depending on local, county, state, and federal laws. I would give them the benefit of the doubt.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Nero

I'd say if they're sworn, badged and armed, they'd be in, regardless of scope of jurisdiction.  But shoot boss discretion as always.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

SPQR

Well, if Mudcat says its okay and i say its okay that about covers yours SBs in southern Indiana, so....  :---
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

grunt soldier

yeah Huff stop trying to hold her back like that!  She's a mover and shaker!  Doing big things all over :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.