News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Appleseed College Station, TX May25 - 26, 2013

Started by Sir Not Appearing In This Film, June 06, 2013, 11:48:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

AAR Appleseed College Station, TX May25 - 26, 2013

I've had some challenges with my PC and haven't had much internet time lately...hence the delay.

We had another successful event at College Station. Thanks to the host range CCC Shooters for letting us use their fine facilities. We were allowed the use of the air conditioned classroom!  ^:)^

sleepy Joe and I instructed at this event on Saturday.

9 participants showed up on Saturday. Considering the challenge finding ammo I thought it was a good turn out. Rifleman Roy showed up to get the rust off his skills. Several other shooters were new to Appleseed. A few had learned about Appleseed at the recent NRA convention in Houston. Delia even drove from San Antonio to participate - even after being informed about the Fredericksburg, TX event the same weekend.

On Sunday we had 8 scheduled shooters plus OlArmy58 graced us with his welcome presence as a walkon shooter and brought us to 9. I was the only instructor on Sunday - 9 shooters kept me busy and on my toes.  :---

In total we only completed 4 AQTs by the end of the shoot. Shooters were showing that their skills were advancing. I was pleased to work with this safe and eager group.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

sleepy Joe

Here are some photos from Saturday
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

still loading photos, omly can put 9-10 each time
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

more for your viewing pleasure
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

last ones in my camera
By the numbers

sleepy Joe

were there any photos of Sunday? Steve did a fab job all by his lonesome
By the numbers

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

With just one instructor Sunday I didn't have much time for pictures - but made time to snap a few.

Nasty malfunction:

Knees were an issue here - he's a veteran so we let him do his thing:

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.