News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL June 1-2 2013 AAR

Started by bill o rites, June 05, 2013, 09:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill o rites

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND! 17 patriots showed up to hear the history and heritage of the Founding Fathers and their struggles and sacrifices  to create our Nation!Our youngest patriots,Ben ,Matt,Jacob,Mark,Rose,Lesly and Chris (literally our posterity)brought along great attitudes and were some of the safest shooters on the line.
      As usual the Florida weather was hot and muggy, but the predicted rain did not materialize and both days were full of un-interrupted Marksmanship knowledge,flowing from the firehose of instruction provided by a great group of volunteers. Heidi Heidi,mike moore  ,michael cole,Tomblin, malabar, and Nomadic Hillbilly.With  a crew like this even a rookie shoot boss can have a great event!
      By the end of the weekend ,we had confirmed an existing Rifleman,exposed a new one and had several people knocking on the190 door.Excellent improvement by all shooters was the order of the day,and perserverance by some was inspiring to all.Not everyone sees how much they have improved,but the watchful eyes of instructors don't miss much,and we saw a lot of improvement.
       Bob, Gary, Glenn, Dennis, Ivan, Matt, Riley, Chris and John, thanks for gettin, up off the couch!Lady Liberty needs more like you!!!The next time you walk by the flag,I hope you think about ol' Sam Whittamore , Jonas Parker , Isaac Davis and all those un-named thousands of patriots who paid for that flag, some with the very blood from their bodies!Let not their sacrifice be in vain.
       Congats to Matt and Ivan for both scoring multiple rifleman scores, and welcome to Florida's newest orange hat, Ivan Ojeda!!!!     
And as if that weren't enough to make it a great shoot, Malabar aka Tom Kehoe  passed his Instructor PC and was presented his Red hat during Sunday's closing ceremony.
   Well, thats enough to get started , everyone please upload any pics you have   

Bill O Rites :~
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

9mm4545

Sounds like a great shoot! Congratulations to Tom on earning his Red Hat. Bigger bucket time!
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Engineer shooting

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Tomblin

Huzzah!

I'll get pictures posted first thing in the morning.

Tomblin

Bill O Rites giving a compelling first strike to a hearty audience...

Malabar instructing proper sight alignment...

Nomadic Hillbilly & Malabar showing us how its done...

Good size target line...

Malabar doing shot group analysis...

...and giving a moving 2nd Strike...

Let's shoot...

Young Patriots...

Rifleman Matt:

Rifleman Ivan & our newest orange hat:

Sly223

Congrats to all!
Iknow that no one on earth missed this event more than I did! It was great not to have to be there, but it almost killed me to stay away!
I missed Red hats and orange hats and new shoot bosses and progress, and other promotions I'm sure!
Love and miss you all,
Sly
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

malabar

Quote from: Engineer shooting on June 05, 2013, 09:55:07 PM
Malabar  O0 O0 do you own a truck?

I have a Jeep and a van.

What can I do for you?

tk
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

malabar

This was one of the best shoots I've been to. Everyone hustled, no real concerns about safety or health, even though we had four younguns,  lots of enthusiasm, and definite improvement in scores.

Rain clouds threatened all weekend but obligingly waited until we were done shooting each day.  And the clouds kept the heat down.

Would have like a few more shooters, but attendance falls during the summer months in Florida.  And the shooters we had were a great bunch. 
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

at2wooden

This was Lesly's 2nd Appleseed and he improved significantly due to the awesome and patient instructors.
The re-telling of the events of Concord and Lexington were as spellbinding the first time I heard it.
A wonderful positive experience for our youth, the hope of the futures Liberty.
(can't post photos....don't know why)
"It's dangerous to be right when the government is wrong." - Voltaire

alkeford

WTG ! HUZZAAAHHHHH !!!!!!! here's your new Bucket. you guys at palm bay rock :bow:
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.