News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA June 1-2, 2013 AAR

Started by Garand56, June 03, 2013, 11:07:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand56

We had a small but determined group of shooters who struggled through two days of 100+ degree weather. Garth returned for his second AS and walked away with a new Rifleman patch and a score of 216. Nicely done. Kyle returned for a second time as well a and shot a very respectable 196, but he couldn't quite get over the last hump this time. next time for sure. Young Benjamin had a top score of 167 which was very good considering that the rifle was way too long and heavy for him.

The redcoats told the story with no one unqualified and several 400s, squares, and one cleared for the weekend. Thanks to the Fresno Rifle and Pistol Club for a nice facility (and no range fees), and Krahnic for his instructional assistance. Hope to see everyone back again with a friend.

G56 OUT
We're surrounded...that simplfies the problem.

"Our Country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any AMERICA because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race!"
-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, USMC

CUJO

Sometimes people go not only to shoot but to refresh their memories on American history.  Garand56 is one of the best RSO's that I've ever seen and can recount the tales of our past like nobody else.

:)

Grand56 is a remarkable person.  Your a great story teller.  I love your passion!!!  I have had a great time at my first April and Second June 1st and 2nd Appleseed events this year.  Cant wait to return.  Thank you to you and your team for you professionalism and dedication.  I'm going to work on that happy trigger finger and make sure no shots are fired after the cease fire is called.   Just picked up a second 10/22 for my sons so both can shoot next time.  What were the trigger modificaitons you made to your 10/22 again? Tech Sights, Houge overmoulded rubber stock, and ________trigger?  What did you modify on the trigger?   I want to get mine set up for the next appleseed.  any suggestions on a stock for Benjamin?