News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Greene County Fairgrounds, IN - May 25/26, 2013

Started by slim, May 28, 2013, 07:50:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

Kind of breaching protocol here by starting the AAR before the Shoot Boss but I had so much fun I wanted to go ahead and post all the pictures I took from the event. Thanks to the 4H Rifle Team for having me out and sharing this wonderful event. I look forward to August 10th when we'll have another. Huzzah! And mohawks for everyone!

SBIT Stagehand Steve shows us the finer points of the Steady Hold Factors in prone position as modeled by Money Talks.

Ryan and Luke show Brian Heeter and Coach Huff how it's done!

Tyler, Haley and Jackson all get some good groups on target.

Misty, Jennifer and Bryce all take careful aim as coached by Tater.

Steve goes over IMC.

Coach Huff covers Talking Targets. He also tells us "We don't crawl around on our berm, do we?"

Slow2Speak does the 6 Steps.

HQ covers Sitting position.

Great positions by Jackson, Haley and Tyler!

Slow2Speak tells us the 2nd Strike of the Match.

I had the "hard job" of showing everyone how to relax for NPOA.

Standing Position as Tater and Slow2Speak get everyone sorted out.

Coach Huff showing off a wonderful standing position - and a very nice jacket! (Thanks, Maynard!)

Brendan didn't let a 12lb. trigger pull stop him! (And no, that's not Uncle Si in the background.)

Haley did every single position just right. Several times throughout the weekend I told the boys, "If you want to know how to do it right, just watch Haley." Shoot like a girl... if you can!

HQ scored so many AQTs, she had to "rest her eyes" just a bit. (Could've been all that wonderful lunch she grilled up too!)

Jackson shows off his new mohawk... and the epic pose. Huzzah!!!  -:)

Thanks again for the fun. See y'all next time!

brianheeter

Aaaaahhhh....  How nice to be a shooter for a change.  I had to bite my tongue to keep from echoing line commands.  I got to spend some time working on my bolt action technique (still work to be done).  I also had fun racing Luke and Ryan to the target line between strings of fire.  I won a lot but I bet they weren't as sore as I was the next day (and the next).  Thanks to Coach Huff for his work with the 4-H crew...a fine body of young men and women.

C ya,

brian
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!