News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Needed: one Massachusetts State Coordinator

Started by dwarven1, May 28, 2013, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwarven1

I hate to make a public scene like this, but I still haven't seen anyone step up to take on MA State Coordinator. And I keep getting SC emails even though I resigned LAST YEAR... and I haven't had time to keep up with the changes so I hope I haven't given anyone any outdated information.

So I'm going to go public here.

I am going through a LOT of "drama" (yeah, that's a good word for it) in my life right now which does not leave any time at all for Appleseeding. (Heck, it hasn't even left me any time to hit the range in the last several months at all!) I fully expect to be back on the line instructing by sometime next year, but I simply have ZERO time for it right now. Y'all will understand when I'm done with the "drama" and I can post an explanation then... but not yet.

Oh, yeah... and when I do emerge from all the drama, I WON'T be in Massachusetts. I'm leaving.

So... to all of you MA instructors and shooters - I've had a hell of a good time at the shoots. I've loved instructing, seeing group sizes shrink and new shooters emerge. I've loved seeing people take their orange hats and pass on the heritage. We've got a HELL of a good group here in MA, and we've got a couple of good ranges backing us up.

But one of you needs to step up and take on the mantle of State Coordinator. Good luck to you all and I will see you on the line again, eventually. Just not for a while.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Pain Killer

Just for clarification RWVA Instructors and above are qualified to be State Coordinator. One of you must be up to the challenge!

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Transform

A week with no responses, so I'm bumping this.

There is at least one state with an IIT as SC, and at least one state with an AC as SC, so if you're thinking "Gosh, I'd gladly take that on, if only I was a full Instructor", don't let not being "qualified" stop you from stepping up!

scuzzy

I removed the SC setting on your account so you wont get hit with SC stuff. I currently have the SC@ email going to VietVet now.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.