News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

****FREDERICKSBURG, TEXAS****

Started by Two Wolves, May 27, 2013, 08:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Wolves

A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

dragit

A challenging and rewarding weekend at Fredericksburg.  Congratulations to Bryan, Tyson and Charlie on Rifleman scores (in the rain), and recipients of the final three Appleseed challenge coins given out by Two Wolves.

Thank you to the parents and grandparents who brought their children, and to Bill, who drove all the way from Oklahoma.

Gordon, a co-owner of http://www.knsprecisioninc.com/ and supporter of the Fredericksburg AS, came out and set up a table with product, which worked well as we told stories and did instruction under the pavilion while it rained.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Two Wolves

I knew we where in trouble when Jerry said at last month's Appleseed "you know, in four years, we've never had to set up in the rain"  :wb:  WELL, Jerry, you can't say that anymore.  !@#)

It rained, I got stuck, we had to tote the firing line, and then it rained some more.  %) What normally takes the two of us one hour to set up took three and half hours this time.

On Saturday we had 25 shooters. Bill came to his first Appleseed. He drove 7 hrs from Oklahoma to be with us.  O0 That alone made up for the hassle of setting up in the rain. You'll notice Bill in the pictures, he has a John Deere green rifle. Thank you Bill for making the journey.

Gordon Gibson of KNS Precision brought out a nice display for our entertainment. Yes,  ;D  those are machineguns on the table. KNS Precision makes and sell a number of rifle parts. They sponsor our shoots and we are very thankful for their help.  :bow:

Charlie brought out some demo rifles. Yes,  >:D  that's a 50. Whew!

Congratulations to our newest Riflemen. Charlie, Tyson, and Bryan.  ^:)^
OK, so you did it in the rain and the mud but can you do it in the sunshine? LOL  **)

You know it's wet when you have to score the AQT's on the backer board before you take them down because they're going to come apart.  :))

Sunday saw Robert with his new acquisition, a M1 Garand. Nice!  ^-^

Thanks to everyone who came out this weekend. Brandon and Brittany--I hope you'll come back again. Paul, thanks for bringing Maddie.

Also, congratulations to Mark and Ray for passing their IIT3 test. You guys are doing great.

That's it for me---See you in September.   Two Wolves   :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Two Wolves

:pop: 

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

Two Wolves

sleepy Joe

we had no rain in College Station TX.
By the numbers

scuzzy

Quote from: Two Wolves on May 28, 2013, 08:07:54 PM
It rained, I got stuck, we had to tote the firing line, and then it rained some more.  %) What normally takes the two of us one hour to set up took three and half hours this time.

I wish I could have been there to seen it.
You getting stuck that is.  >:D

Gordon Gibson of KNS Precision brought out a nice display for our entertainment. Yes,  ;D  those are machineguns on the table.

Gasp! Is it still legal to even talk about such things?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dragit

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Brass_Magnet

What an excellent event! I've been itching for YEARS to make it to an Appleseed event and when I finally make it out for my first time, it pours on the rain. Rather than get discouraged, it seems to have emboldened my fellow shooters. I had a wonderful time earning my patch, and it's a personal achievement that I'm very proud of - even doing it barefoot in the rain and mud.

Dragit and Two Wolves and the rest of the instructors were absolutely top-notch. You guys kept me engaged with the Three Strikes lecture. This was my main reason for wanting to attend - the history behind the program. You guys totally nailed it, thanks again for all of your hard work.

bryanp

Thanks to all the instructors for their time and persistence through the weather.  We were only able to make it for the Saturday portion, but I really enjoyed the event.  Great pointers, history, and carrot cake.  My goal for next time is to test my proficiency with the hasty sling from seated, kneeling, and standing positions for hunting purposes.  Overall a very enjoyable experience and I hope to make it to the next one!

bryanp

Also wanted to thank KNS Precision (had no idea you guys were based there) for the freebies and thanks Dragit for the dry t-shirts  :)

TheLoudTalker

It was a great weekend, even with the rain. After all of the drought we've had it was a welcome companion 'round here :-) The shoot was fun, I thought it was a little muddy Saturday morning, but that was nothing compared to Sunday. There's nothing like the buzz generated when storms come in this time of year, one has to scan the horizon for potential funnel clouds. I think that's cool.  :)

My daughter had a blast. This was her first lengthy shoot, prior to this she has maybe put 100 rounds through her .22. My fatherly pride swelled on Sunday when she said she wanted to stay and try shooting in the rain. She didn't care about the mud, turns out she was the only child that stuck around to give it a try. After a while the soggy carpet and mud wore her down so we called it a day after lunch. I've got no problems letting her shoot a deer at 100yds now, she will hit it. Maybe even 200yds.

The instructors did great, as usual. Personally, I found that my accuracy decreased over time, I almost cleared the first Redcoat on Saturday, the only misses were a tight group at 400 just above target. Closest I got was a 181 on Saturday. I think my main issue is fatigue, and I still haven't found a consistent way to use the sling. Practice, practice, practice...  but I didn't have nearly as many misfires as I did in April. Polishing the feed ramp seems to have made a difference on the Marlin 795, as well as going with a decent brand of ammo.

Thanks everyone for the good times!

Paul
My slogan: Emotion is the enemy of critical thought.

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams

TheLoudTalker

Some pics

"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams

TheLoudTalker

some more pics