News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR SHENANDOAH IOWA, May 25th & 26th

Started by mac3647, May 27, 2013, 01:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac3647

Saturday Morning started with lots of booming and flashing !  But by 7:00 am the storm had passed and the rain had ended.  The attendees started to trickle in and by 8:30 we had 17 people on the Green at CATALPA CREEK Dedicated Appleseed Range. 

Two father son teams, one grandpa &  son and (2)grandsons team,   two grandpas brought grandsons.  one was able to stay and cheer from the equipment line.

One of our IIts was under the weather and a new Orange(last fall) stood in so we had enough people to cover the line. Thanks Todd.  Karen our Resident Blue Hat filled in on the line as well as doing sign in, goffer-ing and keeping all the paper work and T-shirts organized. Thanks Karen !

Alex (the Shoot Boss)got things rolling and we had eleven shooters on the line.    Some new shooters, some new to Appleseed and some returning Seeders.  A very enthusiastic group.  The weather remained cool, cloudy and pleasant through out the day.   Good progress was seen on the line, with the usual little issues of slings, loose screws, un-adjusted sights, etc.  being handle smoothly and with little interruption.    The day ended on a positive note with improved Red Coats and shooters ready to return on Sunday.

Sunday morning the weather was very nice, 63 degrees and NO DEW on the grass.  Eight shooters were able to return.  After the Safety Briefing we did a little refresher on what was covered on Saturday, and then into more shooting.  A new Rifleman earned his Patch after lunch. Congratulations Justin !  It was a very positive weekend, lots of smiling faces and talk of the next APPLESEED.
"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent"  Thomas Jefferson

fatboytactical

Thank You to everyone could not have had a better weekend!  Pat and I had a great time and learned a lot.  Can't wait for the next Appleseed :)   Now it's time to do a lot of practice and dry fire.
Fat people are harder to kidnap.

RODGE

Sure looks like you, Don, and Karen and Todd and Alex sailed right along with another successful Appleseed Shoot and American Heritage session.  And another new Rifleman!  It's great to see enthusiastic shooters who came to learn and had high expectations.  Seventh stepping at it's finest.  Am looking forward to the IBC in Farragut in June.  From what I observed the 2 hours I came by, you will have some returning shooters for sure.  More Riflemen!  YES.  And fewer couch potatoes!  I sure hope they don't run out of buckets!
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

Alex

It was another fantastic weekend at an Appleseed in Iowa. A great group of shooters and instructors. I appreciated everyone coming out, and congratulations to
Justin for becoming a Rifleman. I hope to see you all again at another event.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Drfury

Wow Miller was right, that range in beautiful. Glad to see Fatboytactical & son out on the line again! Keep at it guys, youll get there!
Our liberties we prize and our rights we will maintain.