News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, MI June 1-2

Started by Bill Winkle, May 27, 2013, 10:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Winkle

Placeholder for AAR handout
....Bill Winkle....

Superheat

Wow. What a weekend. I will post up more tonight. Wow.

Hammer Forged

To quote and echo Earthmom "It was the most gratifying Appleseed/Young Marine Event I have ever attended. "

Last weekend, two separate Young Marine Units, America's Youths, from different backgrounds came together to participate in a weekend that they'll not soon forget. Some youths had no exposure to shooting and started out the weekend not even knowing how to handle a rife, only to leave on Sunday afternoon with skills and knowledge that can never be taken away from them; Safe Rifle, Marksmanship, History & Heritage, with plenty of memories and stories to tell their family and friends.

Here is a comment from one of the parents who emailed us this morning:

"Thanks for all the work at the Appleseed weekend -- Megan was prepared not to have fun - but talked about it all the way home and explained all her paperwork and AQT sheets and although I thought she would be very tired -- she still talked about it until she went to bed -- late!  I bet I can now give a detailed description of the event and I wasn't even there!!! " 

Here is Mayer dialing in those groups!  A little math a little trigger control and he got it!!
O0

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

Hammer Forged

Day Two!

Bill was making tooth picks for the Young Marines ~~:)

OK, there's the Base for the Tent -- But where's the TENT!

Oh!  The Tent is over there!!

MOOOOOOSE!

We're going to need another MOOSE!

Tinnitus?    No, its Liberty calling!

"Those who HAMMER their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson

mac66

Certainly one of the most fun Appleseeds I've been to. The Young Marines were polite and attentive. I saw a lot of improvement in their groups and had a great time working with them.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Roundballer

I can only exclaim WOW. 

What an exemplary, respectful, respectable, and enthusiastic group of young men and ladies.  This was the first time that I asked for volunteers, and had to ask them to form a line when so many jumped at one time.

I was truly impressed with this groups' courteous manner, friendliness and eagerness to learn and participate.

As a member of the hosting club, I feel it is our honor to host groups such as this, and it is our duty to do all that we can to help promote the shooting sports, and our country's' heritage amongst our citizens.

Thank you Appleseed instructors, both those that travel to get there and those that have stepped forward from our club to "pick up the bucket".

Earthmom

Superheat

Quote of the weekend.  "Horses have a respiratory pause too."  Bob Winkle, while telling the story of Hezekiah Wymann.

Bob Winkle

Not a lot of pictures of the shoot boss, but trust me he was helping out somewhere!

Bob Winkle

number6

A Rifleman doesn't shrug his shoulders and walk away......

Quote from: Bob Winkle on June 06, 2013, 11:09:09 PM
Not a lot of pictures of the shoot boss, but trust me he was helping out somewhere!

You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Superheat

Quote from: number6 on June 07, 2013, 09:27:16 AM
A Rifleman doesn't shrug his shoulders and walk away......

Quote from: Bob Winkle on June 06, 2013, 11:09:09 PM

Thanks 6  that's exactly what I had in mind. 

ITB

Now THERE's a Shoot Boss who's not afraid to roll up his sleeves and get dirty!  The buck stops here!

Donuts were good, too....
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23