News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Sunland, CA - May 25/26, 2013

Started by gonejohnny, May 27, 2013, 10:11:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Another great weekend, here is SoCal! Thank you to shooters: Richard, Denise, Christopher, Jeremiah, Jon & Cesar! All of you guys showed tremendous heart and extremely positive attitudes all weekend. Congratulations to Cesar for shooting his Rifleman's Score! The rest of you... You guys are all so close! What will be the determining factor in if you achieve your score at your next Appleseed is safe dry-practice at home... Spend some good quality time with your rifles and all the information you learned this last weekend.

Also... go tell some of the stories you heard. Tell them to your family. Tell them to your neighbors... anybody who'll listen! These are all your stories now (always have been).

Thank you to Instructors: Gary, Steve, Brian, Pete!, Jerry & KoolAid

Till we meet again on the trail,
- GoneJohnny

Now for some pictures (I know others have more):

cibGrunt

It was another beautiful two days in Southern California for marksmanship and the history of our Great Nation.

Good job Cesar!  You pulled it off when the pressure was on and time was short. 

Everyone was showing they had the potential to pull it off.  Keep practicing.  Learn to get into position quickly so you can get a little dry fire trigger time in before shooting each stage.  It will help when you are getting into that rifleman's bubble.  I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at your next Appleseed... bring a friend.

Spencer was putting in a fantastic effort with that bolt gun.  He was progressing so quickly in just one day that he should be collecting that Rifleman patch soon.

Thanks to all the instructors, you guys are inspirational.

Good shooting to all,
Gary

gimpy gunner

from my position, it seemed a bit different:

the M1 carbine ammo was faulty, the targets moved during the strings, lunch never showed up either day and Cesar didn't buy the beer after getting his patch.

that and it apparently is against the rules to shoot Appleseed with a weapon equipped with a tripod and a T&E.

how is anyone supposed to hit anything?

:---

other than that, a good time was has by those attending.   @)
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. -Sam Adams

MR B (549)

Again it was an absolutely wonderful two days of shooting. Everyone put their best support foot forward!!!!!  What a marvelous improvement in scores and accuracy from Satuday morning to Sunday evening. Well done Cesar !! and great effort Chris ,Jon , Richard , Denise and Jeremiah. I hope that you guys continue the road to rifleman journey and get some safe dry practice at home !!!

Thanks again

B
In a time of universal deceit,
telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
George Orwell

Ventura-Steve

Thank you everyone for coming out.  It was a great weekend for me and I hope for all of you too.  I hope you will all take what you have learned and put it to good use.

Cesar, congratulations and good shooting brother!  Please take Chris to the range and help him get there too.

Jon and Jeremiah hope you guys come back to take it over the top.  You both were so close.  Keep practicing, relax and it will all come together at the same time.  I promise.  Denise, its a shame about the ammo feed issue that kept interrupting your course of fire.  I hope you can get is squared away and try again.  Richard, the M1 carbine can be a challenge in that it is very small for a full grown man and its not really well know as a marksman rifle.  I would love to see you back on the line with a rifle (perhaps a .22 they're perfectly suited for this) for a good honest weekend of working on the fundamentals.

I wonderful meeting all of you and I hope to see all of you back.  Now for some photos!

woburn210

Truly a great Appleseed shoot.  There was a lot of improvement from Sat. to Sunday and it showed up in the scores and on the targets (after all they don't lie).  Cesar, congratulations on staying with it till the end and making that Rifleman score.  But most important what I saw were people who have the American Revolution alive in their hearts and minds.  Carry on patriots!!!!!!  Tell others about the time you had in Sunland last weekend and what it means to be an American Rifleman. 

See you again, answer the call to come out again, focus........ and I was honored to be on the line with you all.

Woburn210