News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Wells, MN -- May 18-19, 2013

Started by AFTERMATH, May 21, 2013, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

I arrived at the range Saturday morning to find that BuzzG, Wally and Hiro were working to set up the range with all the luxuries that we could ask for.  A solid target line, perfectly laid firing and equipment lines as well as two canopies to allow us a grand refuge from the unforgiving sun at MN's first non-WinterSeed this year!  I must admit it was perfect timing on my part, 'cause everything was already done! ^-^  Buzz, having engineered this masterful range set up was forced to retire to his previous mission that weekend.  He should know that his great effort to assist us that morning, was and is greatly appreciated.  Heck, I couldn't have squeezed a target-line in my car, let alone a couple large canopies!

Four brave shooters arrived prepared to engage the Redcoats first thing Saturday morning.
While, indeed they didn't fare too badly, it was a good thing that reinforcements were on the way!

While the original four dove headfirst into the fire hose Rifleman knowledge.  Wally and Hiro worked diligently to bring the others up to speed!  Soon, everyone was ready to face the remainder of the weekend as a solid group of Appleseeders.  Well, as ready as anyone could be, anyway!

The gale-force winds, negating the otherwise beautiful day, made sure the shooters were going to earn their new skills in the typical MN Appleseed weather endurance manner.  Groups were tightened, then loosened only to be tightened some more.  Hearts were broken only to be rebuilt stronger and more proficient!  Equipment turned out to be less persistent than this strong willed group of shooters! 

Unfortunately, as Wally and Hiro had already bent time in order to join us in the morning, they were recalled in the early afternoon.  So, I recruited a shooter/friend of mine, who we'll call FoxRoe, to assist in ensuring the safety and improvement of the shooters.  While this was his first Appleseed, I knew he had a lot of experience - Even if it was of a different sort.

We wrapped up Saturday, with the Third Strike of the Match which sparked the Revolutionary War - And shooting us some Redcoats.

Sunday morning we began with a new but familiar face - Jason - A man who knows very well what he's about, officially became MN's newest Rifleman and in all likelihood will be dawning an Orange Hat at his next event. 

We proceeded to run some drills, then more drills and for good measure we added some more drills before we came face to face with the QDAQT.  After lunch Wally and Warhog were able to come help us wrap up the weekend with some torrential downpours, some KD instruction, RF-QDAQT, Redcoats and alas tear down.

T'was another fine weekend on the Appleseed Trail, with learning and fun to be had by all - I hope. ???

Ben, Rip, Sil, FoxRoe, Dad-Harry, Harry, Kent, Max, Charlie, and Jason shall be written into the annals of history as having been attendees of the May 2o13, Appleseed at the Wells Rifle and Pistol Club, outside the quaint city of Wells, in the tranquil farmlands of southern Minnesota.

Thank you guys for coming and remember to come back and bring a friend.

Thank you to BuzzG, Wally, Hiro, FoxRoe, and Warhog for helping in making this a smooth, safe and constructive event.

Thanks to Wells Rifle and Pistol Club for being an excellent host range - Hopefully, next time we can make use of the entire 200 yards offered. 

And thanks to Daly Park Campground for the great local accommodation!

See you at the next one!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

Proof that perfect practice makes perfect - Jason at his 2nd Appleseed consistently hitting 230+

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Hiro

Another new adventure in MN. Sorry that I couldn't make it on Sunday. I'm glad that you got some help! See you around.