News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clinton IL May 18 & 19, 2013 AAR

Started by Wurstmacher, May 19, 2013, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wurstmacher

Thank you to the Dewitt County Sportsman's Club for their hospitality this past weekend.  This is a wonderful venue for Appleseed shoots, plenty of parking close to the range, wonderful hosts (thanks Ed and others) that cook lunch for us each day, and plenty of space on the line. With the other target  line just added last summer, we could easily double the number of shooters that we can accommodate at this venue.  There was a chance of rain, but thankfully it went around us.  The local farmers were happy with that I'll bet.

Saturday was evidently family day, with grandfathers, fathers, sons and daughters making up the bulk of the line.  Thank you for coming out with your families.  You are the reason that we do what we do.  I see it as an investment in our future.

Congratulations go out to Kelso, who passed his Instructor PC.  You will now see him at a shoot near you sporting a nice, new Red Hat.

Thank you Shooter30-06, Mutti, The Nailer, RBKL and Kelso for making the trip to help instruct at this shoot. 

Cianan, it was good to see you and your mom again.  You have come a long way since the first time I saw you shooting off sandbags 3 years ago at Sparta.   

Please post your experiences and any photos that you may have taken.

GooseGun

Thank you Shooter30-06, Mutti, The Nailer, RBKL, Kelso and Wurstmacher for a good shoot. Great teamwork and a great weekend O0

GooseGun out
I am convinced that they are mad men, devoid of reason. There is no logic in this place -Me

"A computer is useless if it can't be thrown out the window."

Mutti

This was my first visit to the Dewitt County Sportsman's Club. I am very impressed with not only their beautiful venue, but their welcoming natures. Ed was amazing and it soon felt like home.

Here are a few photos -

William Diamond Youth Patch Photo:

Always a kind word and supportive smile - Shooter30-06 reinforces the backers during our windy Sunday afternoon:

There is always at least one "moment" that exemplifies Rifleman's Bubble:

A Sunday Experience

Red Hat in use Alert!~  :bow:

Quickly followed by the "Weather Rapid Response Team" who quickly stabilized and de-pop-upped this pop-up:

Due to Operator Error - I present the majority of Saturday Photos (note the crisp and clean lines presented). GooseGun suggested that perhaps if I kept my eyes open during the Shot(s), more effectiveness could be achieved.  I suppose removing the lens cap would work as well   :wb:

Thank you everyone for a wonderful learning opportunity.

Mutti

**as time permits more photos can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22465254@N04/sets/72157633545957818/

**Dewitt County Sportsman's Club also has photos for this Event:

http://www.dewittcountysc.com/may-2013-appleseed-shoot.html
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

RiflesnReins

Wow it looks like you guys had an AWESOME shoot this weekend. I wish I could have made it to this one for sure. !@#)
Mutti you got some awesome pictures, thumbs up on the editing job too. You just gotta love that lens cap.  **)
It looks like you guys really had fun. As always good work to our Posterity, you guys make the Appleseed experience lively and really worth it.   O0

I hope to meet some of you at the upcoming Sparta event in June. ;)

RnR
"Come on guys!  Keep your eyes on your magazines. Stop looking at RnR to tell you when to fire. I know you can hear her down there. Trust me I should know, I live in the same house!."  Mutti

"The truly blind are those who will not open their eyes to see"

"How can a man die better, than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his Fathers, and the temple of his Gods."
"Horatius At The Bridge"
Thomas Lord Macaulay

I am not sleeping... I'm just practicing the prone position.

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."
― Winston Churchill

"The trouble is not in dying for a friend, but in finding a friend worth dying for."
― Mark Twain

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity.
George S. Patton

Kelso

The long drive to Clinton was well worth it.  This is the best Appleseed venue I have attended so far.  The main thing that makes the DeWitt County Sportsmans Club so nice is the friendliness of the hosts, not to mention close parking next to the range, a nice clubhouse with hot lunches available, and running water with modern facilities.

Special thanks to all of our participants some of whom were close to shooting the score.  Please come again.

It was a treat to work with such an experienced staff of instructors in whose presence I am truly humbled.  I always learn from other instructors at every shoot, but this time I especially learned that I have so much more to learn.  Thank you Wurstmacher, Shooter 30-06, Mutti, The Nailer and RBKL for your help.

Mutti, thanks for the great pictures that you posted. 

GooseGun, I think you gave your mom some pretty good advice about taking pictures; thanks for taking the picture of me getting my red hat.  I also really enjoyed your story.  You are a rifleman already at heart and I know you will shoot the score with more practice.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

The Nailer

DeWitt County Sportsmans Club is always a great host and this time was no different.  It was impressive to see over half of the shooters were youth and the future of our country.  One young shooter and future rifleman even gave an excellent history presentation great job Goosegun. 

GooseGun

Thank you for the compliments and can't wait to see you all again.

See you on the trail :)

GooseGun out
I am convinced that they are mad men, devoid of reason. There is no logic in this place -Me

"A computer is useless if it can't be thrown out the window."