News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

May 18-19 Fritchley Range Evansville,IN.

Started by Mudcat, May 19, 2013, 08:30:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

We had a great day yesterday for the inaugural event at this family range. Father, mothers, sons, daughters, sisters and cousins, this is truly a family event. Lots of smiles and fun times, lots of great groups no Riflemen yet but today we will make more than 1 for sure.
Saturday morning briefing Pup getting the students involved in reciting the 4 safety rules.

More to follow.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

Wow it was a warm one today but we had some persistence on the firing line at Fritchley range. Lots and lots of improvement today from everyone across the board.
Getting ready to get started a little primping for good measure by our most improved shooter Ryan with Tate helping her out.

Pup giving instruction on the steady hold factors with Sara as a model.

Clint putting it to practice.

Jane working with it and made great improvements this weekend.

What a nice bunch of prone shooters.

This was our guest line boss and she runs a really tight ship.

The left side of the line is another good example of fine Americans.

This is a first for me Noah was my first Rifleman wearing Crocs.

Pup giving some DOM.

Croc man in the seated.

Steve running the bolt action and fell just a little short 2 times.

Jane with a very solid standing position and she always used all the time.

We made 3 Riflemen today Noah (croc man) with a 212 was first, then Terra with a 210 requalify and finally Drew with a 226. So many 209s, 200s and others knocking on the door. A few rifle issues kept some out but they never gave up and I see many more Rifleman being made at this range.
A special thanks to Steve and Shanta for allowing us to have this Appleseed event at their home. It was a blast and a very enjoyable weekend for me I know. It happened to be my birthday today and Shanta made me an apple pie with no sugar and the dog ate it as it sat on the counter to cool. I sure did miss the pie but the story will last a lifetime. Thanks for the hard work Shanta! O0 Steve stepped up and asked for an orange hat and to join us. He had been to an Appleseed at Owensboro a few weeks ago and shot a Rifleman score. I think he is hooked. It will be an honor to have him working the back side of the line with us. Huzzah!
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

redbaron

What a great shoot and an amazing family. A great time was had by all. I'll try to get some of the picture I took posted later.

Pup

First of all I want to say Thank You to Steve and Shanta for opening up their home and property to us this weekend and hosting an Appleseed.  You are both great people and great Americans and you have a wonderful family.

Congrats to the new riflemen, Noah and Drew and to the rest of the shooters as they all showed great improvement throughout the weekend.  It was a real treat to see all of the young Americans out on the range and learning valuable lessons as well as listening to the stories of the sacrifices that our founding fathers made to preserve OUR freedoms.  Listening to Ryan recite the 6 steps on Sunday morning was truly awesome and was worth the time alone. 

I am working on uploading my pictures now and will share ASAP.

Pup

Link to all of my pictures from this weekend.
http://s148.photobucket.com/user/bluejeep91/library/Appleseed%205-18-13?sort=3&page=1

A few examples

Our posterity

Our hosts

New riflemen

Noah

Drew

Terra  (re-qualified)

Loose Nut

Mudcat, redbaron, Pup............you guys are truly GREAT heroes of our time - we certainly cannot Thank You enough for the time you dedicated to our family and friends this past weekend.

HUZZAH!!!

I'll try to get some of my pictures uploaded here to share.

Thanks Again
If you think you can or If you think you can't - either way you'll be right.     American Entrepreneur Henry Ford, 1863-1947

Loose Nut

Again, I have to thank Mudcat, little Mudcat??? ( sorry Gregory, I don't know your screen name) redbaron and Pup for a wonderful weekend of rifleman fundamentals and history.  This was really a special weekend for me.

First it is a GREAT day when I'm with my family and friends on the range.

we really had a nice overcast day on Saturday - a little muggy, but not too bad

It was such a blessing to have my sister and brother and their families on the firing line with us.  My father in law, Mom and Dad showed up for the history lessons.  Three generations of family together listening, learning and certainly gaining a better appreciation of the sacrifices our Country's forefathers made.  We are doing our best to bring up another generation of fine Americans.

My son, Noah ( croc man ), shot a rifleman score.  Noah's girlfriend, Terri shot terrific scores, but not quite a rifleman yet.  Without a doubt, she'll be getting hers before long.  That certainly makes for proud grandparents and mom and dad.  Here's another picture with a great big smile - Good Job Noah!!!  You are a Great American and now you are a Rifleman also!  Huzzah!

My daughter had to work over the weekend, so she was not able to hear the history or spend any time sharpening her rifleman skills.  But, her fiance did.  Here's another pic of Drew, he's a fine American young man with an appreciation for our rich heritage and history.  He put his Rifleman skills to the test and shot the best AQT score of the weekend.  Good Job Drew!!!
It's wonderful to know that our family is growing with real Americans full of respect, appreciation and understanding of founding principles of our Great Nation - and we're Happy and Proud that you shot a rifleman score also.  Huzzah!

I still don't know how to express enough appreciation to everyone who helped pull this all together.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!  I have only positive things to say about the Appleseed Project and our instructors.  You guys all did a fantastic job.  Your instruction and encouragement to everyone from large to small; helping us all to learn new skills, sharpen old skills and becoming better riflemen was so much fun.  Even though some of us were having equipment issues and didnt always understand the instructions, your patience and dedication to making sure everyone was SAFE, explaining yourselves, answering questions, helping us to REALLY understand and practice these techniques proves your enthusiasm for the Appleseed Project.  Your knowledge of the events leading up to the Revolutionary War is incredible.  All of you brought a personal touch to the history stories and had us all looking forward to the next one.  All I can say is that it's a pretty hard thing to do.  You guys had everyone's attention - young and old - wanting to hear and LEARN more even when we were sitting at a rifle range with more shooting to do.  And yes, we did fell like we were trying to drink out of a firehose...........so much to learn............so much to understand................so much to practice. 

I am so happy to get to take a Orange Hat and become an Instructor in Training.  Thank you for the opportunity to help participate in the Appleseed Program.  I hope that I can have half the patience, understanding and enthusiasm that you guys gave us this weekend.

Huzzah!  Huzzah!!  Huzzah!!!

I would recommend that everyone should attend an Appleseed Event.  You will become a better rifleman and a better American!
If you think you can or If you think you can't - either way you'll be right.     American Entrepreneur Henry Ford, 1863-1947

redbaron

Quote from: Loose Nut on May 21, 2013, 04:19:22 PM
Mudcat, redbaron, Pup............you guys are truly GREAT heroes of our time - we certainly cannot Thank You enough for the time you dedicated to our family and friends this past weekend.

Thanks Again

Quote from: Loose Nut on May 22, 2013, 07:57:59 PM
Again, I have to thank Mudcat, little Mudcat??? ( sorry Gregory, I don't know your screen name) redbaron and Pup for a wonderful weekend of rifleman fundamentals and history.  This was really a special weekend for me.

I still don't know how to express enough appreciation to everyone who helped pull this all together.  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!  I have only positive things to say about the Appleseed Project and our instructors.  You guys all did a fantastic job.  Your instruction and encouragement to everyone from large to small; helping us all to learn new skills, sharpen old skills and becoming better riflemen was so much fun.  Even though some of us were having equipment issues and didnt always understand the instructions, your patience and dedication to making sure everyone was SAFE, explaining yourselves, answering questions, helping us to REALLY understand and practice these techniques proves your enthusiasm for the Appleseed Project.  Your knowledge of the events leading up to the Revolutionary War is incredible.  All of you brought a personal touch to the history stories and had us all looking forward to the next one.  All I can say is that it's a pretty hard thing to do.  You guys had everyone's attention - young and old - wanting to hear and LEARN more even when we were sitting at a rifle range with more shooting to do.  And yes, we did fell like we were trying to drink out of a firehose...........so much to learn............so much to understand................so much to practice. 

I am so happy to get to take a Orange Hat and become an Instructor in Training.  Thank you for the opportunity to help participate in the Appleseed Program.  I hope that I can have half the patience, understanding and enthusiasm that you guys gave us this weekend.

Huzzah!  Huzzah!!  Huzzah!!!

I would recommend that everyone should attend an Appleseed Event.  You will become a better rifleman and a better American!

No need to thank me. It was my pleasure. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of this event. As I told you, I think it was truly amazing and awesome what you did for your family with this event. I wish more people would take the lead that you did for their family. It touched a place in my heart to see the bond that your family has. So again, THANK YOU for allowing me to be a part of that for the weekend. I will gladly come back to each and every event you hold at your farm if my schedule allows.

And congrats on the hat. Now get signed up to work some events!  ~~:)

"Little mudcat".........I like it. I may use that from time to time. But XDman is just as much fun considering he's a glock guy now.  ;D

Pup

I think mudkitty carries an M&P now. ;-)

As Redbaron said above I felt honored to be a part of this event. Looking forward to the next one.