News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Midland, TX May 11-12, 2013

Started by scuzzy, May 14, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Another good shoot at my favorite range. Although the range is probably one of the best I've seen in the state of Texas it's the hospitality shown by the range members that makes Midland an exceptional venue. Thanks John & Bill & the rest of the club.

The range Midland Shooters Association does all they can to support Appleseed which I surely appreciate. On Saturday night the board voted to give both me and reddot membership cards. We did appreciate that.

SB: reddot
SBit: scuzzy
IITs: nomad, wcmartin

We had 5 shooters on Saturday with 3 returning on Sunday. Two shooters had family plans for Sunday so could not return.

Saturday was nice weather though a bit windy. We had good improvements on shooting.

Sunday - temperature nice but very windy with sand gumming up everybodies rifles. I believe we would have had some patches given out but it was one malfunction after another. Funny how it always happens when you're almost through an AQT when the rifle fails. It wind came in spurts too. While it was constantly blowing 15-20 every now and then a big blast would instantly come through and everybody would get a mouthful/eyeful of sand.

Thanks Danny and his nephew Scott. Danny bought a good skill set to the shoot and I believe he would have made Rifleman except for rifle malfunctions. Scott improved dramatically over the weekend. His last AQT on Sunday was a huge improvement.

Paul - I've not seen too many people with the consistently good attitude. Keep it up Paul because some of those groups looked pro. Even with the rifle jams you were always smiling. And yup, I can't wait till you get that Orange Hat.

Paula & Kay - The two ladies on line on Saturday. Y'all did great. We'll see you in November. Bring some friends next time too. I know those centerfire scope sure made life difficult for you. I know the feeling. Instead of turkey neck it was turtle neck even with the scopes as far forward as possible.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Reddot

Indeed, a great weekend.  The only thing we're missing is a full line.  We need to continue to push our friends in Midland to bring their friends and their friends families.  It's harder to save the nation 5 souls at a time--better with 50 and Midland lends itself to that quite nicely.
I truly appreciate the support of the board at MSA; they're great people--I love working with them.
Looking forward to the next event.