News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palmerton, PA - May 4-5, 2013

Started by Chainsaw, May 07, 2013, 05:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chainsaw

Back to Palmerton!

Palmerton has a special place in my heart.  It is the only range I currently work that I can be home Sunday before my kids go to bed.  It's proximity takes the edge off of shoot boss duties just a bit and that's OK with me.

There needs to be a nationwide push to come up with a different term for the kind of people that come to shoots...  It's getting stale calling them "excellent" though that is certainly the most accurate word.  Suffice it to say that I had a lot of rifleman on the line this weekend even though their marksmanship didn't necessarily reflect it.

For those that did break the magical 210, Samuel is up first.  Sam is ten.  Last year he came and did great shooting off a bipod.  This year he slung up and whacked a 225 from the prone position thereby earning himself the challenge coin out of my own pocket.  Tom, his dad, proved that a rifleman can shoot the score consistently by replicating his past performance over and over.

Then we come to Adam.  He was doing very well most of Saturday and into Sunday.  Then all of sudden... 237.  Wow.  He attributed a slight tweak in his elbow position to the improvement.  That's not all though.  On Sunday we ran sort of a Parker's Revenge.  Three teams, 10 shots per shooter, 1 minute with each team having to clear a redcoat target to complete the task.  Since no one shooter had enough rounds to do it himself they had to work with their teammates to strategize a bit beforehand.  I overhear Adam say..." I can do the headshot..."  I chuckled to myself, he had just shot his 237, but I thought the extreme confidence in his voice might have been a bit premature.

The targets come back... and he blew the center out of that rectangle.  I mean destroyed it with half a dozen hits at least.  He knew what he could do, then he did it.  That's a rifleman.

Tom and Adam also earned a Domari Nolo patch for clearing redcoats on Sunday.

Huge thanks to the kind donation of Chinese food for Saturday dinner.
Huge thanks for the generous donations to the coroplast target backer fund.  I Appleseeded a guy who gave me a significant discount so I'll be able to provide target backers for a long time!
...you guys know who you are.

Thanks to the club for opening up the clubhouse when they found out someone had trashed the outhouse.

Til next time...

Oh last thought.----- I think it's pretty cool that the guy towing gliders right above the range all weekend is an Appleseeder and a Rifleman!
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo