News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the Minnesota Appleseed forum! - Please Check In

Started by vmt193, August 20, 2008, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FreedomV

Hi, FreedomV from Rochester checking in.  I was able to attend Sunday of the first Rochester AS and then go to the Lacrosse AS June 26/27 A few of the others from Rochester were close to their patch and will make it in August, I need more practice and plan on working and fine tuning until I can be consistent.

The line should be full in Rochester Aug 21/22 I hope I will be able to go to Winona also.
I have two proper freedom practice rifles now.
Illegitimi non carborundum

vmt193

Welcome to the forums, FreedomV! Your Rochester crew is a great bunch. Did you know you have your very own IIT now too? Laura will probably be walking the line behind you at the next shoot, so ya better be doin' it right. ~~:)

vmt

jengelk2

Jena here... checking in! I'll be at the Duluth shoot next weekend! And hopefully more after that.  This is my first one, wish me luck! Russell knows I need it
There lies a tattered banner that is stained with blood and tears by men who knew that freedom must be fought for by the free and died to save a ragged flag that says Don't Tread On Me.

vmt193

Quote from: jengelk2 on July 14, 2010, 12:07:40 PM
Jena here... checking in! I'll be at the Duluth shoot next weekend! And hopefully more after that.  This is my first one, wish me luck! Russell knows I need it

LUCK? Don't need it. All you need is a little determination and a willingness to listen to those 'orange hats' stalking the firing line behind you.

Good Luck! O0

vmt

russellmn

See!  Even Mike knows, ya just gotta listen to me, I mean the orange hats!  :D
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Brad76

Quote from: vmt193 on July 13, 2010, 01:02:11 AM
Laura will probably be walking the line behind you at the next shoot, so ya better be doin' it right. ~~:)

vmt

Glad to hear that she took the Orange Cap - she was thinking about it at the April shoot.

Brad

vmt193

Quote from: Brad76 on July 14, 2010, 02:19:13 PM
Quote from: vmt193 on July 13, 2010, 01:02:11 AM
Laura will probably be walking the line behind you at the next shoot, so ya better be doin' it right. ~~:)

vmt

Glad to hear that she took the Orange Cap - she was thinking about it at the April shoot.

Brad

I've also heard rumors that she's been pretty much beating up on everyone during the club's practice sessions at the range, so she's continuing to "walk the walk". O0

vmt

jengelk2

Quote from: vmt193 on July 14, 2010, 12:13:48 PM
Quote from: jengelk2 on July 14, 2010, 12:07:40 PM

LUCK? Don't need it. All you need is a little determination and a willingness to listen to those 'orange hats' stalking the firing line behind you.

Good Luck! O0

vmt

Determination I've got... the rest.. well, I'll work on it, I suppose!!! =D
There lies a tattered banner that is stained with blood and tears by men who knew that freedom must be fought for by the free and died to save a ragged flag that says Don't Tread On Me.

woodyandcandi

Okay, I'm checking in!
Sorry it has taken me so long but it's all a little confusing :wb:, the site I mean.

A little intro from me to you. My name is Laura, but I go by Goofy ever since my little sister pasted ducktape that said "Goofy" on my back at the Appleseed and then I scored rifleman. I am in the rifleman list as Toth, Goofy/Laura. I don't mind the name so I go by Goofy as well as Laura and woodyandcandi, my sign in name, but is to long to say, but I don't mind if you go by that either. Take your pick.
My father took me to the April 18-19th Appleseed where I scored a 217 my second day.

Alright down to business. What else do I need to be doing?

1. Read instructor manual
2. Read Fred's rifleman guide
3. I finally got the Paul Revere book and am reading that

What am I missing?

I would appreciate anyone's help and input. I have started things a bit late, but am going full bore from here on in.

Goofy (aka Laura, woodyandcandi)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: woodyandcandi on August 09, 2010, 05:41:18 PM
Okay, I'm checking in!
Sorry it has taken me so long but it's all a little confusing :wb:, the site I mean.

A little intro from me to you. My name is Laura, but I go by Goofy ever since my little sister pasted ducktape that said "Goofy" on my back at the Appleseed and then I scored rifleman. I am in the rifleman list as Toth, Goofy/Laura. I don't mind the name so I go by Goofy as well as Laura and woodyandcandi, my sign in name, but is to long to say, but I don't mind if you go by that either. Take your pick.
My father took me to the April 18-19th Appleseed where I scored a 217 my second day.

Alright down to business. What else do I need to be doing?

1. Read instructor manual
2. Read Fred's rifleman guide
3. I finally got the Paul Revere book and am reading that

What am I missing?

I would appreciate anyone's help and input. I have started things a bit late, but am going full bore from here on in.

Goofy (aka Laura, woodyandcandi)

Ehh...  The site is a little funky, but you'll get the hang of it.

PM sent. O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

sparks1

Welcome, welcome. It's good you are here.

I take it you are going on to the 7th step? Sign up to work a shoot !!!  O0   Only way to get started is to get your feet wet by doing. We look forward to seeing you SOON.
Aftermath's Pm will probably cover everything you need to do.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

adamt

AdamT checking in. After a solid month on the trail and a orange hat, I figgured I'd say hi.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

AFTERMATH

You see guys!

I told you I wasn't hallucinating!  Adam is real!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

Cooper

Checking in from the southeastest of southeast MN

Attended the AS's at La Crosse and New Lisbon (cleared a sheet of redcoats, but I'm far from a rifleman at this point).  Plan to attend Rochester and Winona in the next few weeks and meet some other Minnesotans!

oops!  I hit modify rather than reply....  Reply below.
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

AFTERMATH

eyes

eyes  - checking in

Attended my first Appleseed shoot this past weekend in Hinckley Aug 14&15.

russellmn

Eyes, it was a pleasure to have you on the line this weekend.  Sorry I couldn't be there in the morning, dang Guards...  :D   you showed more improvement than I think I've seen in a weekend...  hearing that you literally bought your first rifle on Thursday before the shoot and scored a 192 on Sunday blows my mind!!!    WELL DONE!!!    :bow:

Look forward to seeing you at another shoot soon!  oh yeah, and welcome to the boards!  (did ya know this is a "working" forum???  that means... FIND US A RANGE NEAR YOU!!!)    ;D
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Pat19.5

Hi; I'am from cloquet mn and was at 2 appleseeds up here and with the help from all the instuctors I made rifleman. thanks to all. now to get a redhat so I can help out...pat19.5

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Pat19.5 on August 25, 2010, 10:37:58 PM
Hi; I'am from cloquet mn and was at 2 appleseeds up here and with the help from all the instuctors I made rifleman. thanks to all. now to get a redhat so I can help out...pat19.5

Welcome to the forum Pat!

How abouts we start you off with an orange hat first.  O0

javaguy

Quote from: Pat19.5 on August 25, 2010, 10:37:58 PM
Three generations of our family now on the MN Appleseed board!  And we can't fail to mention my mom who stressed dry firing and encouraged so many trips to the range!  ;D

Winston

Hey everyone,
I just got back from the '300' shoot in Illinois this weekend and I decided it was time to get on the forum. The '300' was my third apple seed, as I had attended the Hinckley shoot in August as well as the most recent Winona shoot. I'll probably be going to the next apple seed in Duluth, so I'll probably see some of you there. :)

adamt

Quote from: sweet pea on September 13, 2010, 04:28:40 PM
Hey everyone,
I just got back from the '300' shoot in Illinois this weekend and I decided it was time to get on the forum. The '300' was my third apple seed, as I had attended the Hinckley shoot in August as well as the most recent Winona shoot. I'll probably be going to the next apple seed in Duluth, so I'll probably see some of you there. :)

Welcome aboard.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

5-stitch

My screen name is 5-stitch. Those of you who were in Marshall, MN  on the 11th and 12 know why.

It was the first AS for both me and my son and we both thorough enjoyed ourselves! We will be back later this year...I think the one on Oct 30-31. But there was talk of maybe adding some more events that are not on the schedule yet...anything happening there? Is the best place to check on the official AS map?

A special thanks to Sparks for lending me his really nice Ruger for Sunday. We went out and bought a couple as soon as we got home. Got our slings from Kevin, at the event, and have ordered USMC jackets from the store.

Great bunch of people. Love your dedication...and thanks again, Mary, for taking me to the ER.
Constitutional Integrity
Minimum Government
Individual Freedom
Economic Opportunity

javaguy

Quote from: 5-stitch on September 19, 2010, 10:16:13 AM
My screen name is 5-stitch. Those of you who were in Marshall, MN  on the 11th and 12 know why.

It was the first AS for both me and my son and we both thorough enjoyed ourselves! We will be back later this year...I think the one on Oct 30-31. But there was talk of maybe adding some more events that are not on the schedule yet...anything happening there? Is the best place to check on the official AS map?

A special thanks to Sparks for lending me his really nice Ruger for Sunday. We went out and bought a couple as soon as we got home. Got our slings from Kevin, at the event, and have ordered USMC jackets from the store.

Great bunch of people. Love your dedication...and thanks again, Mary, for taking me to the ER.

Hello 5-stitch and welcome to the forum!
I too have bled for the second amendment - for me it was the recoil from friends massive handgun (one of those single shot .30 cals) that got me.   :P  Oh man I had no idea how a little wound could bleed!
I am glad you are OK and even had a chance to run Sparks amazing rifle. Sounds like you are all setup now with all the equipment you'll need!  (Did you upgrade your stock ruger sights too?)
Look forward to meeting you at an upcoming AS!
Chris (Javaguy)

sparks1

5-stitch...welcome!! I see you got some Rugers and Javaguy has asked about upgrading sights. What he means about those is the TECH Sights. They are much better than factory stock and give you a longer sight radius. muy bueno !!!! You will notice that the charging handle is awkward to use as compared to mine. Mine has been altered by doing some minor filing. Rimfirecentral.com has information on this. It is the quintessential place to go for 10/22 information.

Glad to hear you will be back.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Trouble

Trouble here,

Came down for that picnic with russellmn, hoping to make it to the shoot next weekend. Already got a couple of buddies that want to head out with me. :)

Hopefully be seeing you all soon!
"When a man takes an oath...,he's holding his ownself in his own hands. Like
water. And if he opens his fingers then- he needn't hope to find himself again." -Robert Bolt

"Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only god can count the number of apples in a seed." -Robert H Schuller

AFTERMATH

Quote from: 5-stitch on September 19, 2010, 10:16:13 AM

Look at the bright side, you probably didn't even feel any pain in your joints. %)
Glad it all turned out O.K.! 
Find us a new location; and we'll get it on the schedule, ASAP. O0
And hopefully, I'll see you there!

Quote from: Trouble on September 20, 2010, 05:31:55 PM
Trouble here,

Came down for that picnic with russellmn, hoping to make it to the shoot next weekend. Already got a couple of buddies that want to head out with me. :)

Huzza!  Hope to see you there!

By the way; I love that avatar.  :---

Back to the front!

Aftermath

Cooper

Trouble!
Welcome aboard!
Jackie and I where glad to meet you!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

russellmn

Quote from: Trouble on September 20, 2010, 05:31:55 PM
Trouble here,

And I didn't even have to badger her into signing up!!!   Welcome hun!
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

Padre

This is "Padre" - checking in as requested.  My kids and I had a great time at the Hinckley shoot this past weekend.  We look forward to more participation in the future, Lord willing.  Thank you all for your service and the time you devote to planting seeds...

Appleseed makes some good humble pie too - I need some practice.

-Padre
You can run...
      ...you'll just die tired.

Jesus said, "Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:28, ESV)