News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome to the Minnesota Appleseed forum! - Please Check In

Started by vmt193, August 20, 2008, 01:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vmt193

Hey Dud, welcome aboard. It just so happens that I was just contacted by a gentleman in the Duluth area. He's the VP of the United Northern Sportsmen's Club and plans to bring it up to his membership. I'm sure he'd be interested in your views and opinions of your Appleseed experience. He could probably use some help presenting it to his club members also. I'll PM his contact info if you're interested.

vmt193

TheDud

I know Kevin and am pretty active with UNS so I will get a hold of him and combine our forces.  If you would send along whatever email address you have for him I'd appreciate it.

colycat

If you guys can get a AS set up in the Duluth area, I can be there.  Maybe my friends can be there also.  What about it VMT, Aftermath, Wiskers, Mogs???

Colycat
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

AFTERMATH

I'm in.
I believe that's a shorter drive to my house than Elk River was.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

AFTERMATH

I actually got a hold of the gentleman who runs the Hinckley Conservation Club(that small range I posted a photo of a while back)
Anyway; I sent him out an intro letter, a SWAT reprint, and a Dillion as well.
I'll give him another day or so; and I'll follow up.
It probably wouldn't hold more than 25 shooters; but it's a start.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

30cal4me

30cal4me checking in. Live in Bloomington, ready to do my part. Looking forward to meeting everybody. Options are limited where I live, but anybody wanna go shooting?

Sven

Hi 30cal4me,

Welcome aboard, I live in south Minneapolis and have been spending some time at the Oakdale range.  Thier longest range goes out to 200 yards, good enough for working out kinks in positions and equipment.  Still trying to get my Garand mastered.  Let's go shooting!

Sven
"I was spotting one day and M2 was hitting baseball sized dirt clods at 300yds away. DON'T F/K with an old man with a Garand... " RED DAWN

javaguy

Javaguy also jumping in here from the North Branch area.  Attended Winona last month and am hooked and looking fwd to Hinckley!

AFTERMATH

Quote from: colycat on August 27, 2009, 10:29:05 PM
If you guys can get a AS set up in the Duluth area, I can be there.  Maybe my friends can be there also.  What about it VMT, Aftermath, Wiskers, Mogs???

Colycat

We've got it. ;)

VMT- Shall we sticky this?

FivePoint56

Craig checking in from near Rochester.  I can help set up at the Rochester shoot in April.  Been to the Winona shoot and can not wait for another.   

javaguy

Hey Craig - did you shoot a Rifleman's score at Winona?  If so, we camped next to you.  Looking forward to the next Winona AS!
Chris

AFTERMATH

Archangel

"Those who have the spears, rule" Plato

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

AFTERMATH

AFTERMATH

Chris From Waseca Here hope to make it to a shoot and learn the true meaning of being a Rifleman.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: 2431940 on March 16, 2010, 08:49:08 PM
Chris From Waseca Here hope to make it to a shoot and learn the true meaning of being a Rifleman.

Nice to meet you Chris!

This is Alex from Grasston!

vmt193

Quote from: ckyllo on December 24, 2009, 07:07:12 AM
Craig checking in from near Rochester.  I can help set up at the Rochester shoot in April.  Been to the Winona shoot and can not wait for another.   

Craig

We'll definitely be able to use the help of an experienced Appleseeder! I stopping out at the range tonight to see what will need to be taken care of as far as set-up to make the range ready. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

mike

Blackdog

Checking in from Rochester, MN. Fresh from my first Appleseed and still ridin' the wave. Already have 3 eager recruits for the next AS in our area.  8)

Mike, put me on your list of BOTG in Roch. Happy to help keep this rolling.

Dave

vmt193

Blackdog

You are officially on "The List". And Congrats again on the Rifleman patch!  O0

vmt

three

Hey, just dropping in to introduce myself.  I have great pleasure in announcing I shot 212 for my Rifleman today!  Took me long enough... lol  Pleased I made it, and more pleased to be involved with the RWVA and Appleseed!  I'm also looking forward to the RBC in Rolla, ND in July.  That should be a blast!  (no pun intended)  Nice to "meet" y'all.
Collosians 3:23 "Whatever you do, do it with all your heart.  Do it for the Lord, and not for man."

AFTERMATH

Well...  I think you oughtta check you math on that one. ::)
;D ;D ;D

Just messin' with ya!

Congratulations!

russellmn

Now we just gotta get Anne (LaughingShooter) to get her patch and we've got ourselves a family of riflemen!!!

Congrats again Dave!  Proud that you're the first patch I gave out!
Pugna pro Patria

www.nationalmatch.us

BuzzG

BuzzG checking in from the south central flank in Fairmont.

Thanks to Alex, Andy, Mike and Kevin for an unforgettable weekend in Marshall! Now that I know what Appleseed is all about, I'm going to scout out Fairmont Trap Club's range and get with their board of directors to see when we can schedule a shoot in Fairmont.

I love what this is about!

Thanks again.

BuzzG
III

vmt193

Buzz

Good to see you made it here! Did you check out the After Action Report?

mike

sparks1

BuzzG:
Welcome to our Mn. forum. Glad to hear you  enjoyed AS and are already looking for a range to host an Appleseed.

Try on the orange hat/ 7th step. I'm sure we got one that will fit ya! Besides, if there are some more Appleseeds in the SW Mn. we'll need you.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

vmt193

Yeah, if Buzz can work us into the SW corner, it'll be great! But we'll still have about half the State left to work on. If you look at the area north of a line from Marshall thru Elk River to Duluth, it still leaves an awful lot of Minnesotans in the dark and unaccounted for.

sparks1

You know vmt, I was thinking the same thing. Something around Fergus Falls would be nice. I am going to check into that or maybe Alexandria area.

We are going to need some more instructors to fill the gaps should we get some more going.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

AFTERMATH

Quote from: BuzzG on June 14, 2010, 03:21:14 PM
BuzzG checking in from the south central flank in Fairmont.

Thanks to Alex, Andy, Mike and Kevin for an unforgettable weekend in Marshall! Now that I know what Appleseed is all about, I'm going to scout out Fairmont Trap Club's range and get with their board of directors to see when we can schedule a shoot in Fairmont.

I love what this is about!

Thanks again.

BuzzG
III

Welcome aboard, Buzz!

Keep an eye on them Iowans down there...  Their relative silence makes me wonder whether they're up to something.
There's also the possibility that good ol' Wisconsinois attempts to cross the Muddy Mississippi to our south.  Forcing us to put our backs to Canada!
These are perilous times for sure!

We need you down there!

Start the promo machine now, and when the time comes that we get a shoot down there; we'll sell it out!

:--- :--- :---

Aftermath