News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Bremen, NY - May 4 & 5, 2013

Started by Another D.O.M., May 07, 2013, 02:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

Anyone who has ever attended an Appleseed in New Bremen knows how special this range is.  Tucked away in a quiet corner on the Tug Hill Plateau, the area is surrounded by dairy farms and is the epitome of rural living in upstate NY.  It's quiet and peaceful, and in early May it's just beginning the transformation from winter's cold & white to a lush, bright green springtime.

Our host, the New Bremen Fish & Game Club, has supported Project Appleseed for many years.  Club President, Jack Paterson, was there to greet us when we arrived on Friday afternoon to set up for the weekend.  Jack is a life-long shooter and outdoor sportsman who builds black powder muskets and rifles when he's not attending to his duties at the club.  On Saturday afternoon Jack brought one of his hand made fowlers (see the photo below) to the club so that our students could get an up-close look at what some of the colonial militia members may have carried on the morning of April 19, 1775.

The weather on this weekend could not have been any nicer for outdoor shooting and instruction.  Although the overnight temps were a bit chilly for camping, during the day it warmed up quickly due to the clear and sunny skies.

On Saturday all of our preregistered students were present, plus a walk on (a soldier from nearby Ft. Drum) who had arrived the night before.  All but two were first time Appleseeders.  Sunday brought a return of all but one from Saturday, including Heather who had not planned to attend on Sunday but was so eager to learn more that she adjusted her schedule so that she could attend as a walk on. .  As always, everyone's skills improved noticeably throughout the weekend.

The New Bremen Fish & Game Club provides up to 400 yards for KD shooting, and everyone who attended on Sunday shot KD - students, instructors, and even our 'cook' Krisker (who shot a 2 MOA group @ 400 yds).

This was a really great weekend, and I look forward to my next visit to New Bremen.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

krisker

krisker

Smurf

Saturday Pictures!!!!

Smurf

More Saturday Pictures!!!!

Smurf

Sunday Pictures!!!

Smurf

More Sunday Pictures!!!!

Smurf

AWARDS PICTURES!!!!!

R1SGx2

Wow,

Nice pictures,

Thank you for sharing....

Nice shoot by all
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

LittleMo

Great job by both the students and the instructors!

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Spock951

I just wanted to thank all the instructors for the making my first Appleseed a fantastic experience!  What a wonderful way to learn more about our nation's history as well as improve your shooting skills.

I have been busy convincing some of my co-workers to sign up for the next local Appleseed, as I think they would enjoy it as much as I did.

One quick question: How can I get a certificate from the course so I can become eligible for purchases through the CMP?  I purchased my M1 through the CMP many years ago, but am guessing I need to update my information with them as well as join the RWVA so I can buy some more Garand "food" and maybe get another wonderful M1.

Thanks!
Keith 

Another D.O.M.

Hello there Keith.  Thanks for joining us at New Bremen, and thanks for adding your comments to the AAR.  I'm really glad you enjoyed your first Appleseed!

Send my a PM (or email) with your mailing address and I'll get your participation certificate out to you ASAP.  You can become a member of the RWVA by selecting that option on any EventBrite registration page for our events (like this one).

Hope to see you again along The Appleseed Trail.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore