News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Medical Lake, Washington May 4 - 5 2013

Started by kenjo, May 06, 2013, 05:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenjo

A windy and warm weekend with 14 shooters on Saturday and 10 on Sunday. The Lone Pine range is on private property owned by Jack Dolan, an enthusiastic supporter of the Appleseed Project!

Kaiser Lieb came from Missoula, MT, to be the SB since the local contingent was unavailable (something about attending a wedding  ^:)^).
Here's Kaiser explaining Talking Targets (sorry, the fill flash didn't fill so good).

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!!
Nicole takes a Blue Hat! Thank you Nicole! Naturally, with only the SB and one RH, we put her to work distributing targets for the AQT grind.

And her husband, Rod, earned his Rifleman Patch! This was his first AS which makes his achievement more impressive. He plans on attending another AS as a shooter and wants to get that orange hat. Kaiser makes the presentation:

I'll post up some more pictures later but this should get the AAR started...Just a note, though: We had a terrific group of shooters both days. In spite of some having equipment problems or flexibility issues that made it difficult to take advantage of some of the shooting positions they all showed great determination to learn. Lots of progress was seen throughout the weekend. Congratulations to all who got off the couch and spent a wonderful Spring weekend on the Appleseed Trail.

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

M1-Mouse

Thank you Kenjo and Keiser for a great weekend of shooting and history.  You both were AWESOME instructors and great History Teachers.  Rod and I had so much fun and look forward to attending our next Appleseed.  Thanks for the "Blue Hat" and Rod looks forward to getting his "Orange Hat".   See you on the Appleseed Trail SOON!! :D

Kaiser Leib

What a great range! What a great bunch of shooters! What a great weekend!

Big thanks to Jack Dolan for hosting us - the facility is exemplary, and I can't think of any way it could've been better.

Big thanks to Kenjo for making the drive to instruct at this shoot. I cannot express how glad I was to have another instructor there; to have one so experienced and with whom coordination was so easy was a real blessing.

Thanks to Nikki for stepping up with the blue hat!

And, of course, thanks to all the shooters for getting up off the couch to make a conscious effort to better themselves and their country.
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

Roland

Sorry I couldn't make it out, but glad you guys did OK!

M1-Mouse and Rod, you guys are more then welcome right across the border in Coeur d Alene! We'd love to have you guys, and thanks for offering to help! (Our next shoot is May 25-26, hint hint!)

Again, glad to hear the shoot went well... Maybe I'll be able to make it to Medical Lake next time!

Roland
The doorway to freedom is framed by the muskets that stood between a vision of of liberty and absolute anarchy at a place called Concord Bridge--Charlton Heston, 1997

"Be a man of principle. Fight for what you believe in. Keep your word. Live with integrity. Be brave. Believe in something bigger than yourself. Serve your country. Teach. Mentor. Give something back to society. Lead from the front. Conquer your fears. Be a good friend. Be humble and be self-confident. Appreciate your friends and family. Be a leader and not a follower. Be valorous on the field of battle. And take responsibility for your actions. Never forget those that were killed. And never let rest those that killed them." -- Major Douglas Zembiec

M1-Rod

First I want to thank Kaiser and Kenjo. Without you it would not have happened. Also Jack Dolan, range owner, a great guy with great stories. Nice range and good times.  Nikki and I had fun and learned a lot. Strong winds and warm weather made it rough but I am glad we all stuck in and made the weekend. Thanx for the patch and I will see you on the range! I do want the "orange hat." Keep you powder dry and keep lots of it!
Rod

Keep your powder dry and LOTS of it!

Theophilus

Congratulations, Nicole on taking the Blue Hat and stepping up to help!
Also, congratulations to Rod on the Rifleman's score, and looking forward to working with both of you.

Theophilus and Joni
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW