News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pomfret, CT May 4 & 5, 2013

Started by VietVet, May 06, 2013, 10:32:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VietVet

This is going to be a tough one to report on because so much happen and it was such a success.

Once again the Pomfret Rod and Gun Club rolled out their RED CARPET for this event. There aren't enough "Thank Yous" that can be expressed to show our appreciation for how we're treated when they host our Appleseeds.
PR&GC and the RWVA have developed such a great relationship with each other. Both look forward to having these shoots there. They made sure all were well fed each day buy having a BBQ lunch for Shooters and Instructors.
After lunch they held several raffles awarding prizes to the winners.
To the staff at PR&GC Bill, Tom, Andy and all the Club Members who helped out..............THANK YOU!

Now to the Shooters. Where do I begin here?

15 on the line Saturday. 15 on the line Sunday. 15 (each day) who NEVER quit.
Honestly they wore us out but in a good way. Their energy and enthusiasm was never ending.
They picked up the points of instruction with ease. Listened to the History with INTEREST and even asked questions showing they got the message of what the 3 Strikes are meant to do. Awaken the sleeping American.
Trust me they were wide awake and thinking about their Heritage long before the event was over.
Pomfret has many wide awake PATRIOTS in their town now.

The chant became A-Q-T, A-Q-T, A-Q-T..............and AQT was what we gave them.
We (Safely) A-Q-T them until days end on Sunday.

With success I may add.

5 New Rifleman:
    Mike 229
    Keith 226
    Ed  210
    Anthony 217
    Kevin 210

Yes.....TWO North Bridge Water Baptisms took place in Pomfret.

2 New Orange Hats
     Ed (edleit on the Forum)
     Kevin (linernochek on the forum).

Congrats and thank you to all who shot the score and especially to our new IIT's.  O0 O0

We made sure we woke up the sleeping Americans by shooting the Couch Target and again thanks to PR&GC prizes were awarded to those who knocked out the TV and got those asleep off that couch.

Saturday Mike got 9 (out of 10) into that TV screen.
     Sunday Michael (different Shooter) did the same.

Our Youth Shooters didn't go unnoticed. 
  Kevin, Emma and Aimee were awarded the Youth Patches for their eagerness and youthful energy.

A very special THANK YOU also has to go out to the Instructors who staffed this event. All including myself made at least a 4 to 6 hour trip from NY to get this one done. Well worth it I may add.
So another round of thanks to CharliHotel, Dude and Heather who without them this wouldn't have happened.
I would be neglectful here if I didn't add a special TY to CharlieHotel (Chris) who deserves the majority of the credit for running this one. I put it in his hands to run while I just "Observed". The legs just don't hold up that well so CH......VERY WELL DONE!

I know I'm leaving something out but hopefully others will jump in here and fill in the blanks.

I'll get the photos up ASAP so stay tuned.
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

VietVet

As promised here are some photos........................
More to follow......................................................
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

TOMINCT

Great job and hats off to the NY crew of VietVet, Charlie Hotel, Heather and Dude for making it happen. It's a looooong haul from the city and it is greatly appreciated. O0

Congratulations to the new Riflemen that made the cut and the 2 new IIT's that stepped up.

This is the second year that the NY crew ran the Pomfret event, if it keeps going like this would  Pomfret become part of NY? Things to ponder! ::)

Thanks for all that you do, regards, Tominct
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Jay Haich

To the NY Crew: Thanks for the "Cross Border Raid", it is always appreciated.

Congrats to the new Riflemen.

Thanks to Ed and Kevin for stepping up and accepting Orange Hats.

Hope to see you on a range later this year.

B Safe
JH

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....