News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lewistown, PA, Mifflin County Sportsman"s Association May, 4-5, 2013

Started by Charles McKinley, May 06, 2013, 12:15:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Another great weekend in Lewistown.  A special thanks to the club for the use of their wonderful covered range and 1000, yes, THOUSAND YARD range.  We only tried out the 500 yard side but it is still wonderful to show that it does work even if it is taking you .22 out to 100.

Thanks to Vicky, Liz and Mike for making the drive.  They all had wonderful attitudes and applied the lessons well.  The groups are there the speed and timing for stage will come.  A Rifleman Persists!

Thanks to the IITs David and Steve that stepped up and saved a lonely shoot boss with 3 students.  You both did great!   
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Darkrose

I had a great time, and from someone who never shot a rifle before, in my opinion this was THE BEST way to learn. 

Will pass the word on to friends and family. O0

Darkrose

CiviSoldier

"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
When there is little hope
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far
Remember Who We Are" - Krista Branch

CiviSoldier

OK here goes...
Stand presenting 1st strike and then Hezekiah Wyman..
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

Group photo!!

Haha, Liz with her Kalishnikitty shirt...
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

Steady hold factor demonstration
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

KD range, Mike at 100yds with his 22LR
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

David with his .308 at 500yds...  He offered for me to shoot.. and I wanted to... but we ran outta time, it was off to the AQTs
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

Liz and Stand manning the spotting scope... 
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

CiviSoldier

It was a great time all around...  thanks to Stand, David and Steve for making it a great weekend!
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

sgtrock

Sure wish I could have made this shoot with you folks,,,

The Mifflin County Sportsman's Accociation Range is the best range I have been to bar none,

Great pictures Vicky looks like we may have some up and coming instructors for PA

Did you see my friend,,,,, black snake?

CiviSoldier

I'm afraid I did see your friend.  Unfortunately he had met the wrong side of the tread along the dirt and stone path to the range...   :slap:
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far

sgtrock

Ahh thats too bad,,, But good to know that he has siblings there,,, they are the range Pets,,,,

Charles McKinley

Yes MCSA is a great range.  As I mentioned in a PM to SgtRock they are doing major range improvements to the KD range.

Catapiller D6 bulldozer kind of improvements to the 1000, yes THOUSAND, yard range.  This was already a very nice range.

Lets fill the lines.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

navionpa

By the way, Liz almost clean the Redcoats on the Sunday morning  course of fire, just a hair outside of the 300 yard.

David

Darkrose

;D

And that's with using the third different rifle that weekend!

navionpa

OK, I couldn't remember if it was the second or third one.

david

Charles McKinley

CiviSoldier

I guess it clashed with her nail polish...  haha

But like Steve (IIT) had mentioned, it is really cool (and easy) to see trigger finger movement with the nail polish...

Maybe the shoot bosses should carry a bottle of bright red for others to observe...   **)
"We keep our faith
When there is no way out
We show no doubt
We go the distance
No matter how far