News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Laser Targets/Laser Pointers

Started by 36g, May 03, 2013, 02:49:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

36g

Following up on the concept of using laser pointers to help teach NPOA and the FRANKEN14s that I have available, there was discussion about using laser targets. Well, I just received from Midway a couple of the Laserlyte reaction tyme targets which are currently on sale (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/159951/laserlyte-lts-reaction-tyme-target-system). There are two targets per set. I did get one of their .223 laser inserts for actual trigger work but have found that these targets will work with a standard green laser pointer. The only thing that I want to pursue with these is if I can make a mask to fit over the target to approximate the black area of an AQT at approx. 20' (sized down appropriately of course).

I am looking into making some cheaper laser targets for laser pointer training - components are on order for a little R&D. Stay tuned...

36g

Charles McKinley

When the are in stock WalMart has a red laser with a pressure switch for about $30 that mounts to Picatinny rails. 

Sounds like a cool project
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery