News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, NC Bucanner Gun Club April 27/28

Started by Blade Runner, April 29, 2013, 06:20:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade Runner

Hey everyone!

I just wanted to do a short summary of our recent Appleseed shoot here outside of Wilmington, NC.  The shoot started off great with a totally sold our range of 15 people at the Buccaneer Gun Club and we were surprised when we arrived to find a newly constructed range cover.  ^:)^ We went on to shoot with the amazing weather and were lucky that we didn't get rained out. In the end, we had 2 people shoot rifleman. But here's the kicker...it was their very first Appleseed!!! And at the end of the shoot, everyone was happy and impressed with their performance and with the amount of knowledge they gained. 

We are now working hard on getting more ranges on board and more instructors recruited for the Wilmington area. The Buccaneer Gun Club is an amazing range with wonderful people. Their range is home to many local competitions ranging from skeet to pistols. We also have a number of dedicated instructors in the area. But we can always use more!

Blade Runner
From each according to his DESIRE, to each according to his EFFORT.
- Capitalism 101

Jenni

I had a blast at this shoot. Was a little difficult due to having to split my attention because of Ian but learned a lot. I am extremely proud of my hubby who earned his rifleman at his first appleseed. On the way home Sunday night we figured out what was going on with my prone position and why I would do so badly there when stage 1 and 2 were great. So we have a bit to work on before the next event. We are both planning on attending another event soon. Thank you so much to all the instructors who worked with us this weekend and also to the bucanner gun club for hosting the event.

Jenni

Pain Killer

Sounds like a great event! Anyone take an Orange Hat?

PK
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Blade Runner

Out of our riflemen, we had no takers on the orange hat. However, I believe there is at least one who will take the orange hat when they shoot rifleman. (Maybe next shoot!)
From each according to his DESIRE, to each according to his EFFORT.
- Capitalism 101

iron pony

With the exception of Jenni, the entire sold out line was made up of first time Appleseeders..   So no Orange hats yet. I think we will see a few though as shooters return to their second event and make Rifleman. At least one person who shot Rifleman is planning to bring several of his colleagues out to the next Eastern NC event.

Quote from: Pain Killer on April 30, 2013, 11:45:41 AM
Sounds like a great event! Anyone take an Orange Hat?

PK

"Man who say it cannot be done should not interrupt man doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

JTPell

iron pony,
this is jason, jenni's husband. I am seriously considering becoming an orange hat. I will have to see when I can make another shoot. hopefully we can get another shoot down here again soon. 

Jason