News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dubuque, Iowa: 27-28 Apr 2013

Started by IXOYE, April 29, 2013, 12:40:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IXOYE

We had a perfect weekend for our first of three Appleseed events scheduled for the Dubuque area this year. On Saturday we had six shooters and on Sunday we had twelve. We saw some excellent improvement in first time shooters and are excited to add another Rifleman and another Red Hat. I'll post some pictures in a separate post. Great job by everyone participating! Thanks to Alex and Wally for coming to Dubuque to instruct this event!
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

IXOYE

The only thing necessary for evil to prosper is for good men to do nothing! (Edmund Burke)

Miller

Well done Rex!
Huzzah!

And another Rifleman too.  A good weekend for Iowa it seems.
Fearful but resolute.

IXOYE

Learning IMC

Carding Sights

More Carding Sights

More Carding Sights

Stretch those sore muscles

Working on Seated Position

Working on stage  two on Saturday

Check those Greencoats!

More sitting work.

Working on prone

This rifle is basically an LTR without the engraving!

Thanks for the loaner rifle Wally

Shooting jacket with special grip pads

More sitting practice

Where's that Chicken Wing?

Tech Sights and elbow pads rock! So does Don!

Good Chicken Wing, but the Turkey Neck got away!

Those targets sure do look small!

Shooters, your instructional period begins Now!

Did someone say "Eye Relief"?

Prepping for the next stage

Is the line ready on the right?

Checking targets

Daughter and Dad

Great form for a first timer!

Second line fades in the Sunday heat

Shooting a 4-minute AQT

That elbow looks sore.

Daisy air rifle sights on a 10/22

Prepping for that last Redcoat!

Finishing that last Redcoat

IXOYE

View from on top the bank

Ready to transition

Dad & Son

Teaching the Six Steps

Wally talking about focus

Our shoot boss and state coordinator

Wally

Wow! What an outstanding weekend it was, beautiful weather and a great group of shooters. Congratulations to IXOYE on your Red Hat!! If all your Hawkeye State Appleseeds are like that, I am more than happy for the opportunity to participate. See you in Sherill IA on June 8th! @@)
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

Alex

What a great event! Great group of shooters, a safe and easily set up range, beautiful weather, and some top notch instructors and story tellers. A big thanks to the Issac Walton League there for hosting this event and to Rex for getting it all set up. Congratulations again to Rex for earning his new Red Hat, and great job on the all the pictures. Props to Wally for giving the best presentation of the Dangerous Old Men that I have ever heard by an IIT2. Hope to see everyone again on the Appleseed Trail soon.

Alex
Intellect is invisible to the man who has none.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
Thomas Paine

Cooper

What a great weekend for NE Iowa !
Great weather, great students, great instructors and CONGRATULATIONS, REX !!!

Cooper & Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim