News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Palm Bay FL Patriots Weekend 4/20-21/2013

Started by bill o rites, April 23, 2013, 11:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill o rites

Wow, what a great way to celebrate your heritage and pay homage to our Forefathers! The group of Patriots we the instructors had the privilege to engage and instruct was truly inspiring. While everyday we are bombarded with stories of an apathetic and disengaged society, our shooters reminded us why we Appleseed!
    With threatening skies overhead, we began our introductions, and by the time we started the first strike it looked as though we might be rained out, but God was good and held the rain at bay all day.The redcoat target  revealed  opportunity for improvement all around. Now our shooters' journey toward Rifleman status began in earnest.After some great blocks of instruction we began to see improvement up and down the line.Before we knew it it was lunchtime and time for the second strike of the match.Once Col. Smith formed his troops up for the long march to Boston, we were right back to the fire hose of marksmanship  knowledge.As the time for the memorial volley drew near,we prepared our shooters to honor some of the countless heroes of our war for independence. Our volley of fire was complimented by the ringing of an old locomotive bell provided by Tom Kehoe (malabar), reported to be well in excess of 100 years old. The somber tone of the bell and the knowledge of the sacrifice these men made for our freedom made it hard for the instructor reading the names to see thru the sudden tears in his eyes and large lump in his throat.No, freedom isn't free and the debt we owe can never be repaid, but i believe we made a small down payment on it this weekend.
  While no riflemen were revealed on sat, everyone improved wonderfully.Sunday morning brought some new arrivals along with the somewhat slower moving shooters from saturday and the journey continued. Lunchtime brought stories of dangerous old men and brave young women to remind us all that this war was no respecter of age or gender. By the time the last redcoat of the weekend had been shot it was discovered that there was one among us "Who knew very well what he was about!" Congrats to kyle for shooting rifleman and to our newest orange hat Heidiheidi! Also i have to include our immense gratitude to Rick Hall (SLY223)THANK YOU for ALL your help in getting our cadre trained to run this venue,you sir have our deepest respect and are truly a Patriot!  Well thats enough to get started  lets hear from the rest of you guys   Bill O Rites
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor and Success of this army depend. Remember officers and soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty - that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men-1776

"If ever a time should come when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government,our country will stand in need of it's experienced patriots to prevent it's ruin." Samuel Adams,1780

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

alkeford

Sounds like an awesome event. Congrats  on your first SB event, the folks at Malabar are lucky to have you,malabar and Heidiheidi a fine instructor  cadre
Esse Quam Videri (To be rather than seem to be)
Powder With My Brother Ball Most Hero Like Doth Conquer All,
Tomet Nosce
The Suda, a tenth century encyclopedia of Greek Knowledge, says: "the proverb is applied to those whose boasts exceed what they are,"and that "know thyself" is a warning to pay no attention to the opinion of the multitude.

Sly223

This event brought tears of joy to my eye's in many ways!
I have always tried bruit and down right force in my life, expecting imediate results and never got them I was spinnin' my wheels.
But; this weekend I got to see the fruits of my (and others)labor payoff with an extreamly successful event that was run by someone I helped get their. Like a proud father I watched as my infant cadre performed and became seasoned before my eyes!
It is with great honor that this cadre go forward and be fruitful, with my full endorsement!(FWIW)
BTW! NomadicHillBilly and Mike More did a fantastic job! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Tomblin

Quote from: Sly223 on April 24, 2013, 10:11:27 AM
BTW! NomadicHillBilly and Mike More did a fantastic job! ..:..

I always thought it was "No Mad I Chill Billy", wish I could have been there. That's the problem with April 19th shoots, I want to go to them all.

:pics:

Sly223

Tomblin,
That was obviouse,
when you signed up for three,
and volenteered for two more!
HUZZAHHH! love your fire so does Patrick Henrey and I'm sure our PHenry. ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

draken

My first Appleseed!

It was a fantastic experience! I learned more about me, my rifle and my Country than in the prior 10 years of my life...

Now, I am a RWVA associate member, currently reading Paul Revere's Ride and ordered a Garand from CMP... Yup, you guys left a mark!

Thanks a lot! Hope to be back in the line in June or August!

Ivan
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Sly223

If you show up with your Garand I'll make the juorney back up there! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!

draken

Well... I'll be there on June 2nd (Sunday only :( )... I have a score to settle with the red coats...

The Garand... Hopefully will be in time to the August Shot... CMP received my order today....
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~